|Job Type:||Full Time|
Director of Engineering, Growth Tech (Open)
What you’ll do:
You will lead 3-6 technical software development teams and their program and people managers/leaders; approximately 15 to 30 software development engineers and their technical leaders. You additionally will lead the scale and maintenance of the highest operational quality for our production systems and related environments. The Vrbo Growth Tech team is focused on providing a marketing platform and landing experience to drive demand and free repeat in collaboration with EG Martech group.
Who you are:
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to prioritise multiple ambitious priorities in a fast-paced, multi-matrixed environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team and in a highly scaled environment, and with a consistent record of delivering software on time
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical subject area or experience
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- 3+ years of technical project management experience
- 3 + years proven track record leading people and their careers, specifically software engineers and technical leads
- 3 years prior experience working in multi-matrixed environments with highly scaled technologies, and a business environment of defeating fraud.
- Experience with large-scale, real-time, webserver based platforms
- Experience with Java, NodeJS, Scala, Linux/Unix, webservers and UNIX tools
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Be the technical interface to our partners in Product, Program, and Operations, and represent updates on project/program status to executive leadership.
- Build and lead technical roadmap and resource allocations for your teams, ensuring accurate allocation of resources are applied to initiatives that yield the highest value; leading any changes or new requirements for the same.
- In owning and driving the above areas, you will achieve regular and timely delivery for all initiatives
- You will also coordinate delivery across multiple partners in our fast-paced and matrix-managed environment
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.