|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Overview: Asset Services / Corporate Actions
Corporate Actions (COACS) is one of the key product offerings within Global Custody Securities Services. The group in Bournemouth is responsible for the end to end process for all corporate actions including: Client and Agent Instruction, Production Control, Fund Accounting, Entitlement Completions and Client Enquiries. Working from core hubs located in APAC, EMEA and WHEM the Global Custody COACS Department is a dynamic environment, providing a benchmark product to all custody clients.
Team Description: EMEA Global Custody Corporate Actions Processing
The COACS Processing teams, located in hubs around the globe, provide coverage to our clients for elective corporate events processing. This is achieved by ensuring all aspects of account balances and transactions are correctly reflected on clients' accounts in relation to the corporate event. In addition, the team will authenticate instructions, reconcile the position, instruct the local market agent, depository, broker or counterparty to ensure accurate execution, reconcile proceeds and process cash and stock transactions.
Key Responsibilities managing the EMEA Global Custody Corporate Actions Team (COACS)
- Senior Management direction of the timely and accurate execution of instructions to in house systems and onward to market according to event and market requirements including confirmation and reconciliation of outcome.
- Ensure clear well documented communication between sub custodians, agents, brokers, counterparties, internal operational teams and clients within prescribed timeframes.
- Ensure all daily functions supporting the corporate actions instruction workflow are completed to support every agreed service level and control, with exceptions minimised.
- Work closely with Product, Network Management, Sub custodians and vendors to resolve day-to-day issues identified through daily operations.
- Ensure the development of product, technology and firm initiatives are documented and implemented safely.
- Proactively review event and market processing challenges to identify recurring themes that can be prevented through training, operational process improvements and technology enhancements and to continuously enhance the control environment.
- Effectively partner with operational and service teams to improve service levels and processes to establish J.P. Morgan as a premier service provider to delight the client.
- Be data driven to minimise manual touchpoints and improve straight through processing.
- Drive opportunities for self and team development and improving knowledge of the business in order deliver solid service levels.
- Attract, train and develop staff, building succession plans to strengthen the department in support of leaders of the future.
- Provide effective team communication through regular one-to-ones and team meetings generating discussion not limited to market, functional and service changes.
- Drive and implement opportunities for self and team development and improving knowledge of the business.
- Prepare and deliver clear and concise presentation materials relating to implementation of projects, targets, deliverables and statuses sympathetic to the internal or external audience.
- Successful performance in a risk based environment with a proven track record of risk reduction.
- Results based experience demonstrating strategic and analytical thinking.
- Track record of working in a changing environment with the experience of learning, documenting and implementing new processes efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience of multi-tasking and effective time management with attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Successful team leadership and staff development including attracting and developing top talent
- Experience of communicating both oral and written to management, clients and colleagues
- Must have advanced Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word and Access PowerPoint.
- Relevant degree education preferred, however, non degree candidates with a proven track record in a similar role will be considered.
- Financial Services background would be preferred, ideally within a Custody or Investment Bank environment.
- Experience of testing / delivering Asset Servicing operating systems / platforms preferred (Experience of TCS BaNCS advantageous)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of team development and management