|Job Type:||Full Time|
See yourself being part of a large, transformational change? This could be the role for you!
Iress is continuing to hire for roles during Covid-19 with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Who we are
At Iress, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world’s most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients’ businesses so that they can work better, every day.
Iress is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
Working within our newly formed Market Making team focused on growing Iress' financial market trading products globally, you will be responsible for conducting detailed analysis and solution design associated with either a Product, Project or small change deliverable across the suite of products. You will work closely with key stakeholders to ensure the business requirements are well defined and delivered throughout the software delivery lifecycle, producing specifications of functional and system requirements.
What you will be doing
- Conducting analysis, design and documentation of functional solutions to enable business and software solutions to be developed
- Ensuring that business and functional solutions are fully defined, meet the needs of the business case and customer requirements and are approved by the customer and key stakeholders
- Partaking in requirements elicitation and documentation, which may include attending client workshops
- Providing estimates for analysis work packages across projects
- Performing functional / integration testing on projects as required, to ensure quality of delivery
- Resolving complex issues, defects and queries raised at any phase of development or production in a timely and professional manner
- Playing a role in sales proposals and presentations if required for current and potential customers
What you will need
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels in a robust but diplomatic manner. You will be able to deliver difficult news and willing to challenge the viability of a business case.
- A working knowledge of financial services, with some experience gained in a financial markets and trading environment
- Good influencing skills with the confidence to utilise these with internal stakeholders as well as clients
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve
- You will be self motivated and proactive with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for learning
- Flexibility in your approach and mind-set, experience of working on Agile projects is highly beneficial
- The ability to work well under pressure and at speed, prioritising and co-ordinating multiple tasks across multiple projects
Why work with us
- Competitive remuneration
- Global opportunities
- Casual dress, flexible work policy
- Access to learning and development programs
- Health Benefits including Private Medical Insurance
- Iress Community
- 3 days’ leave per year for charity initiatives
- Global 36-hour hackathon
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Profit Share Plan
- Up to 26 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work