|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (the “Firm”) is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. The Firm has operated in Europe for nearly 200 years and has a sophisticated local market presence across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (“EMEA”). The EMEA regional head office in London is complemented by a strong regional footprint, with offices in all major financial centres. The Firm in EMEA delivers Investment Banking, Markets, Securities Services, Treasury Services, Asset Management and Private Banking solutions to a range of clients.
The Office of the Secretary (“OTS”), which sits within the Firm’s Legal function, partners with senior management, control groups, lines of business and corporate units to promote effective governance of the Firm. OTS operates primarily through teams located in New York City, London and Hong Kong. In EMEA, OTS has a presence in London, Dublin, Luxembourg and Frankfurt.
In order that OTS can continue to provide efficient advice and support to the boards, senior management, lines of business and control groups in the Europe, Middle East & Africa (“EMEA”) region, the Office of the Secretary is seeking to recruit a Vice President to be based in London.
The key aspects of the role will be to provide governance advice and company secretarial support to certain of the Firm’s key UK regulated entities. The role will suit a professional, commercially astute and dynamic individual who has extensive experience of operating within a high-performing corporate secretariat.
- Delivering governance enhancements in relation to the EMEA entities; driving governance standards in line with regulatory requirements and internal policies; and providing governance advice and guidance.
- Assisting with OTS’ advisory work and execution deliverables in respect of key projects.
- Providing company secretarial support, advice and guidance to the boards of directors and committees of key regulated UK entities.
- Overseeing governance matters in EMEA entities where company secretarial support is provided by non-OTS personnel.
- Providing advice to board directors in connection with their responsibilities under the expanded Individual Accountability Regime.
- High level of pro-activity in driving board agendas, and advising board chairs on board composition, director training and regulatory requirements and expectations around board governance.
- Communicating effectively with the board of directors, committee members and senior management as appropriate in respect of all relevant governance matters.
- Assisting with OTS EMEA’s deliverables in respect of key global OTS projects, including in relation to automation and use of technology.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Strong degree-level academic background.
- Previous professional experience as a qualified company secretary or as a lawyer in a governance-related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Essential: Strong awareness and pro-active tracking of corporate governance matters impacted by changing law and regulations in the financial services industry.
- Essential: Ability to drive policy and procedure on best practice for JPMC entities.
- Essential: Consistently striving for improvements in process and working practices.
- Essential: Self-motivated, as well as a strong team player with a keen sense of ownership and desire for continuous personal development.
- Essential: Strong written and verbal skills and an effective communicator with maturity and gravitas to deal effectively at senior level.
- Essential: Ability to work proactively under own initiative, prioritise, handle time pressure and manage multiple projects at the same time with flexibility to adapt to shifting expectations.
- Essential: Well-organised and confident, with excellent planning skills.
- Essential: PC skills - ability to use legal entity management systems and other system packages, proficient and fast at learning and adapting to new technology and software
- Preferred: Prior professional experience in the financial services industry.
- Preferred: Prior experience with Blueprint Oneworld and/or GEMS.