|Job Type:||Full Time|
GoCardless is on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid, so our customers can focus on what they do best. With the world shifting to a Subscription Economy, GoCardless is powering recurring payments across the globe via our world-first payments network. We’ve cut out the intermediaries by linking together direct debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of pulling payments directly from customers’ bank accounts.
We process more than $15bn a year, for over 50,000 businesses in more than 30 countries, and we’re growing fast. Our API powers recurring payments for companies like Survey Monkey, Bulb and the Financial Times. It also enables partners including Xero, Quickbooks and Sage to help small businesses to save countless hours spent chasing customers for payments.
This role is responsible for both building and growing strategic partnerships with global software platforms who serve the Global SMB market at high scale. The role will have a named portfolio of platforms including both prospective and current partners. The role is part of the Global Small Business Partnerships team, a team within the Global Small Business BU.
- Independently build and execute against a business development plan to win new global partnerships which have a strategic impact on GoCardless
- Lead on the negotiation of new agreements at a global level
- Work with partners to build best-in-class technical solutions and continually improve existing integrations, with support from our Solutions Engineering and Product teams as required
- Independently build effective partner account plans including identifying, prioritising and overseeing the execution of both strategic goals and short term initiatives
- Build and lead on go-to-market partner plans, including identifying opportunities, securing commitments and working with our Partner Marketing team to oversee execution
- Develop relationships necessary to reach mutually beneficial objectives, including independently working with senior stakeholders and executives.
- Work cross functionally within GoCardless to agree, develop and execute against growth plans
- Regularly report on performance and key drivers internally & externally, including to executive stakeholders
- Play a leading role in driving the continued development of the Partnerships Function
- Substantial experience working in strategic partnerships or senior account management, ideally B2B tech environment and can demonstrate significant success in developing & growing commercial relationships at a global scale
- Ability to use data effectively to inform decision making
- Ability to build an effective account plan, including both GTM tactics and stakeholder management.
- Experience delivering against long-range, complex projects ideally on a global scale.
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until the end of the year. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.