|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
This role is responsible for both building and growing strategic partnerships with global software platforms who serve the Global SMB market at high scale. The role will have a named portfolio of platforms including both prospective and current partners. The role is part of the Global Small Business Partnerships team, a team within the Global Small Business BU.
- Independently build and execute against a business development plan to win new global partnerships which have a strategic impact on GoCardless
- Lead on the negotiation of new agreements at a global level
- Work with partners to build best-in-class technical solutions and continually improve existing integrations, with support from our Solutions Engineering and Product teams as required
- Independently build effective partner account plans including identifying, prioritising and overseeing the execution of both strategic goals and short term initiatives
- Build and lead on go-to-market partner plans, including identifying opportunities, securing commitments and working with our Partner Marketing team to oversee execution
- Develop relationships necessary to reach mutually beneficial objectives, including independently working with senior stakeholders and executives.
- Work cross functionally within GoCardless to agree, develop and execute against growth plans
- Regularly report on performance and key drivers internally & externally, including to executive stakeholders
- Play a leading role in driving the continued development of the Partnerships Function
- Substantial experience working in strategic partnerships or senior account management, ideally B2B tech environment and can demonstrate significant success in developing & growing commercial relationships at a global scale
- Ability to use data effectively to inform decision making
- Ability to build an effective account plan, including both GTM tactics and stakeholder management.
- Experience delivering against long-range, complex projects ideally on a global scale.
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.