|Job Type:||Full Time|
GoCardless is on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid, so our customers can focus on what they do best. With the world shifting to a Subscription Economy, GoCardless is powering recurring payments across the globe via our world-first payments network. We’ve cut out the intermediaries by linking together direct debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of pulling payments directly from customers’ bank accounts.
We process more than $15bn a year, for over 50,000 businesses in more than 30 countries, and we’re growing fast. Our API powers recurring payments for companies like Survey Monkey, Bulb and the Financial Times. It also enables partners including Xero, Quickbooks and Sage to help small businesses to save countless hours spent chasing customers for payments.
Your responsibilities as a Sales Development Representative will be to prospect and qualify opportunities with senior decision makers. You will work alongside Account Executives to find new sales opportunities.
This role will be part of an established, high performing SDR function that continues to overachieve in developing sales approaches for EMEA prospects.
You will be responsible for introducing GoCardless to new prospects, identifying the client's pains, uncovering opportunities, and growing pipeline through email outreach and cold calls. This will entail researching and identifying relevant stakeholders in the sales decision-making process.
This role will primarily be an outbound position to;
- Generate interest through prospecting,
- Establishing GoCardless value proposition for new sectors
- Develop prospect nurture-flow through to a fully qualified SQL
- Drive phone and email activity while articulating GoCardless’ value proposition
- All activity will be meticulously logged on salesforce.com.
- Outbound sales experience (email / call / linkedin / events)
- Strong organisation to maximise output throughout the day and to overachieve
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with a hunger to succeed
- Self-motivated with the ambition in order to hit monthly quota.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to drive activity, build a fast-paced sales environment
- Persistence, sales spirit and objection handling skills are critical.
- Cold calling experience is essential
- Salesforce, start up and FinTech experience is beneficial but not required
- Fluency in French or German language would be a huge advantage!
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until the end of the year. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.