|Job Type:||Full Time|
The ideal candidate will help support J.P. Morgan’s market structure initiatives across the Macro and Spread businesses, focusing on issues in EMEA, the U.S. and APAC which could shape structural change. This individual is expected to help educate the firm’s clients and internal constituencies on salient market structure developments and related effects on their businesses. Candidate will identify market structural news, either related to regulatory or market developments, and help produce timely and informative market structure publications for internal and external distribution. The candidate will be expected to give engaging presentations to top asset managers, hedge funds and other institutional investors as well as internal constituencies, with a view to developing the ability to represent the firm as a thought leader at industry conferences and other public forums.
What You Can Expect
- Monitor news and press releases from regulators and market/venue developments, formulating alerts for internal teams where appropriate.
- Analyze execution trends across asset classes, working with product teams to identify trends and shifts in trading behavior.
- Prepare regular reports that concisely summarize and thoughtfully assess regulatory & market developments for internal and external clients.
- Give highly informed presentations to clients and internal constituencies.
- Conduct probing market structure research to closely track and evaluate major market changes.
- Communicate regularly with venues/markets/service providers, academics, and other industry participants to share ideas, gather intelligence and identify opportunities for product enhancement.
- Track client activities associated with market structure services and link to commercial benefits.
- Work with internal product/sales and trading teams and Government Relations and Office of Regulatory Affairs to ensure market insights are leveraged for product enhancements and material in line with JP messaging and policy.
- Help coordinate firm positions on regulatory proposals related to FICC market structure.
- Participate in internal working groups related to regulatory reform.
- Participate in meetings and policy development with AFME, ICMA ISDA and other trade associations.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Good general knowledge of FICC markets - a solid understanding of fixed income trading preferred.
- Strong research skills, including the ability to read, evaluate & concisely summarize rule proposals, regulatory filings and policy briefs.
- Experience in market structure research and reporting, or experience in a related division responsible for fixed income regulatory affairs, trading or compliance.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to identify salient issues for clients and follow up with related written content.
- Knowledge and expertise in key regulations, including MiFID II/MiFIR, EMIR, Dodd Frank.
- An understanding of electronic trading.
- Must be a team player and collaborator, capable of working well with sales and coverage desks.
- Must be self-motivated, able to generate new content, and capable of generating client meetings.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
Opening Date: September 30, 2020
Closing Date: October 28, 2020