|Job Type:||Full Time|
Salary: Upto £80,000 depending on experience.
Location: The majority of this role will be spent working remotely. Occasional travel to London may be required.
Who we are
FirstGroup plc is a leading provider of transport services in the UK and North America. During the last year around 2 billion passengers relied on us to get to work, to school or college, to visit family and friends and much more. Each day every one of our 100,000 employees works hard to deliver vitally important services for our customers.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced BI developer to join us in a new role within the team, with outstanding opportunity for future growth. The initial focus of the role will be working on a train service performance analytics solution, but the role will not be limited to this project, and there is room for growth across a range of projects and platforms – including Machine Learning and AI. The role will involve working with IT and business stakeholders to understand requirements, and working with users to ensure developments meet the business need.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Design and develop end to end BI solutions
- Produce analytic dashboards, according to user requirements
- Support user interrogation of the database, with documentation and consulting support
- Proactively identify and resolve issues, including performance and data quality problems
- Work with product and project managers to maintain roadmaps
- Identify potential datasources to meet user requirements, work with IT colleagues to develop robust and secure interfaces
- To ensure a library of technical documentation is maintained and regularly updated
Do you have a highly analytical mind, with a problem solving attitude? Good communication skills (both written and verbal) are vital and you will need to be able to ask probing questions, whilst remaining calm under pressure and agile in your approach.
Other skills & experience required:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of SQL and database design and development, business intelligence data modelling and database housekeeping and tuning techniques.
- Strong experience working with cloud computing technologies.
- Knowledge of AWS services, including Redshift, S3, Lambda, Kinesis Streams, Kinesis Firehose.
- Experience of working with ETL tools, managing deployments to production environments and working with analytical packages.
- Strong coding experience, ideally working with Python.
Ideally, you will also have rail specific knowledge about train operational data and experience of working with a range of different interfaces.
What you'll get in return
- Minimum of 10% contribution to your Pension (5% employer and 5% employee)
- 25 days Holiday plus National Bank Holidays
- Travel Offers for Bus and Rail*
- Free Bus Travel on your local FirstGroup Operated Network
- Payroll Giving – donate directly from your pay to a Charity of your Choice
- Shopping Discounts including discounts and cashback on electrical goods, your weekly shop, holidays, cinema trips, car insurance, upgrading your mobile and lots more
- All employee Share Schemes*
- Save as You Earn - gives you the opportunity to save a regular amount each month for three years. At the end of the savings period, you can use your savings to buy shares at a discounted price set at the start of the Scheme, or take your savings as cash.
- Buy as You Earn - allows you to buy shares each month, with 2 free ‘matching' shares for each 3 shares you buy. You can vary the amount you save, or stop it at any time. You need to participate in the scheme for at least 3 years in order to receive the matching shares.
- Employee Assistance Helpline – free, confidential employee support service provided by an independent provider
*after 6 months of employment
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.
A full job description is available upon request from email@example.com.