|Job Type:||Full Time|
Lead Software Engineer
Do you love collaborating with teams to solve complex problems?
Do you want to accelerate your career?
Be part of a successful team
The team at Panametrics, a Baker Hughes business, designs and manufactures a range of sensing instrumentation and sensors that are utilized in a vast array of market segments.
Partner with the best
Panametric is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to work closely with our Electrical Engineering teams to design, prototype, validate, and maintain next-generation industrial sensing systems
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Evaluating system level requirements by brainstorming with Product Specialists, Product Managers, and other peers throughout the organization
- Leading the execution of product design, validation, and certification of industrial grade embedded systems
- Performing cross platform development of C/C++ code while maintaining code quality through best practices and code quality automation
- Developing system architectures for multi-channel data acquisition and signal processing products
- Supporting the creation and implementation of process-driven design decisions (CPO; NPI and NTI; Operations, Sales, and Service support) sustaining activities across a broad product portfolio
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to perform in a team environment, across functions, and with customer and suppliers.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's degree (minimum) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Proven experience with developing embedded C/C++ applications for embedded operating systems such as WinCE, Linux, QNX Neutrino, Micrium μC/OS, etc. on ARM targets and familiarity using tools such as CubeMX.
- Have hands-on experience with tools like Git, SVN and DevOps Tools such as JIRA, confluence .
- Have proficient in using software/hardware debugging techniques.
- Have capable of concise and effective written and verbal communication.
- Have practical experience with design of industrial products.
- Have effective communicator within technical and non-technical environments.
- Have demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to perform in a team environment, across functions, and with customer and suppliers.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!About Us:
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.