|Job Type:||Full Time|
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3.5 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902.
Air Liquide’s ambition is to lead its industry, deliver long term performance and contribute to sustainability.
Entity and activity description
In the context of the energy transition, Biogas Solutions Europe business has seen double-digit growth for several years in Europe. This business includes the technologies and solutions that we offer throughout the value chain, from the production of biomethane using our proprietary membrane and Turbo-Brayton technologies, to its ultimate use(in transportation, industry, or for the production of low-carbon hydrogen).
Our European business is currently focused on France, the United Kingdom, Scandinavia (Sweden and Norway), and Italy. Our growth is driven by the opening of several biomethane production plants and by strong demand from industry and the transportation sector. And finally, as we have developed our solutions across the biomethane value chain, various projects have emerged as examples of a local circular economy.
Missions and Responsibilities
Reporting to the UK General Manager and functionally to the entity Industrial director, in a growing context, you will be in charge of the UK operations for both markets sourcing and retail. Our ambition is to reach the Excellence in terms of Operations, namely the highest level of Safety, reliability and efficiency. Your responsibility will be the monitoring of our operational performance, ensuring the respect of the IMS guidelines, and developing necessary actions for continuous improvement . The reduction of the production costs and the customer satisfaction are the main drivers of this position. You will Interact continuously with Biogas Industrial direction in order to benchmark performances with standards and launch proper action plans.
Your main missions will be to organize your activity and your teams accordingly in order to. :
- Ensure and develop Safety Culture for Operations
- Ensure compliance to our IMS and quality standards
- Manage and optimize reliability of our operations, with the objective to reach top-tier performance. Launch dedicated Reliability projects.
- Manage and optimize operating costs (maintenance, electricity, manpower,...). Launch dedicated Efficiency projects
- Supervise on a day-to-day basis the deliveries, with the objective to ensure maximum reliability of supply while minimizing the overall sourcing cost.
- Ensure that the quality of service delivered to customers is compliant with our standards and consider customer’s satisfaction as a key priority
- Work closely with the Project Execution team to improve the execution of future projects and the Handover to Operations.
Competencies and Profile
Graduated at Engineer’s Degree (Mechanical or Electrical or Process Eng), you have worked in industrial business for several years
Your english is fluent
You are recognized for different capabilities and strengths such as :
- Management appetite, organized, with the ability to manage priorities
- Strong focus on safety
- Analytical skills, with cost reduction mindset, capitalization mindset and the ability to identify optimization opportunities along the entire value chain
Based in Birmingham
Flexible working conditions
Regular missions on site