|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Packaging Technology Consultant, Materials and Processes
Full Time/Permanent, Cambridgeshire, UK
Package includes annual bonus, private healthcare, private pension and more.
Become part of the team
We work with clients to help them realise commercial edge in new and established markets, leveraging design and technology to create consumer relevant solutions. As the world changes at an ever-increasing rate, our clients use our technical expertise to get ahead of the innovation curve.
Based out of our Global Technology and Innovation Centre in Melbourn near Cambridge, which serves as development, prototyping and fabrication hub, PA supports organisations that span some of the largest names in the FMCG space through to start-ups helping them innovate across products, processes and business models and exploit technology as a source for sustainable design, productivity improvement, waste reduction and advanced manufacturing processes. Using our expertise across the Product and Packaging Design, Applied Sciences, Engineering, Human Factor Sciences, Product Design, Manufacturing and Innovation Strategy, we translate science and technology into commercially viable break-out products and processes.
This is where you come in…
We are looking for a ‘hands on’ packaging technologist that has an established track record understanding how to bring novel packaging materials and processes to market. If you are passionate about engaging with clients and challenge convention to find sustainable and innovative packaging solutions that really work - in practice, not just on paper, then this is an ideal opportunity for you!
This role will be responsible for conducting technology landscape research and establishing the feasibility of breakthrough packaging technologies to the existing and emerging consumer product portfolio to enable the winning consumer experience. The role will also work in close collaboration with our diverse client base, brand owners, start-ups and packaging suppliers toward the creation of highly differentiated concepts and technology platforms by linking consumer insights to new ideas, business models and emerging packaging solutions.
Function Specific Activities:
- Work in collaboration with client stakeholders to conduct research and establish the feasibility of breakthrough packaging technologies.
- Identify emerging and new packaging opportunities to meet unmet needs in the consumer products space
- Design, prototype and assess through pilot plant testing and validation packaging technologies and concepts to product and process specifications as well as develop value chain and economic feasibility analysis for candidate packaging solutions.
- Work with our technology capabilities that span mechanical engineering, applied science and industrial design to maximise our impact on projects
What we're looking for
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science & Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
- Proven experience delivering packaging R&D or commercialization projects, and/or in R&D in areas of materials or processing.
- Experienced in facilitating & driving consumer needs based concepting and linking with existing or emerging technologies to develop winning business solutions.
- Advanced understanding of coating processing and chemistry desirable
- Expert knowledge of materials science and it’s relationship to packaging processes
- A strong knowledge of the FMCG industry sector and the packaging challenges faced in this area
This is an exciting opportunity to apply science to the food technology that ultimately lead to real-world innovations.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org