|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Our dedicated healthcare investment team combine strategy, economic and financial expertise an experience to secure investment in healthcare infrastructure. We work on some of the largest investments in the NHS – including multiple >£1bn hospital investments – to develop the business cases for new infrastructure. We have a market-leading reputation for securing agreement to high-profile investments and delivering high-quality solutions to our clients.
We are a team who have:
- Developed the business cases for some of the biggest priority hospital infrastructure investments across England, comprising >£5bn of priority investment
- Led highly contentious business cases through public consultation and to decision making
- Mobilised and opened emergency response hospitals in response to COVID-19
- Modelled national ventilated capacity requirements
- Worked closely with NHSE/I, DHSC and HM Treasury to shape national policy
Delivering exceptional results that have a lasting impact is what we do. Balancing proven methodologies with fresh, unconstrained thinking is how we do it. Central to each challenge is a perfectly balanced team of experts handpicked for the task.
What we're looking for
The team are looking for highly numerate people with excellent strategic thinking, business case, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
We are looking for consultants who have a good understanding of business cases and their practical application in securing significant investment in healthcare. You will have a passion for using business case processes to support evidence-based decision-making aimed at maximising the benefits realised through investment in healthcare.
The successful candidate will need to think strategically, interacting with senior clients to communicate technical concepts in a compelling and accessible way. You should be familiar with business case methodologies and using financial and economic models. You will have a strong track record of working with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver tangible outcomes.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of developing large (>£100m) business cases for capital investment in healthcare, preferably for hospital investments
- Experience of using HM Treasury Green Book and business case standards
- Understanding of datasets and methodologies used to quantify the costs and benefits of public sector investments, including wider economic benefits
- Understanding of methodologies for forecasting, including demand and capacity forecasting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the confidence to present work to senior clients
- The ability to balance strategic, big picture, problem solving with technical business case methodologies
- Experience working with clinicians to develop innovative clinical models is desirable, especially for acute services
- Experience of developing commercial models for large capital investments is desirable, especially in healthcare
- Experience of major service change and reconfiguration is desirable
- Experience within one or more of the following areas would also be an advantage:
- Degree or higher-level qualification in economics, public policy, finance or a related subject
- Better Business Cases™ accreditation
- Energetic, passionate, determined, positive and goal-focused with a commitment to delivering excellence in any and all circumstances
- Passionate about developing themselves technically, professionally and behaviourally
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills who builds great relationships with their colleagues and clients
- Able to engage clients using a range of influencing skills
- Ability to be assertive and firm in their approach but has a flexible, calm and professional demeanour
- Commercially shrewd with strong business acumen
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/ partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org