|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
At PA Consulting Group, we help some of the largest and most complex companies from across the globe to adapt and excel by implementing an Agile approach. To us, it’s more than just a methodology; it’s the key to building the right leadership, culture and organisational structure. Our business is made up of some of the world’s smartest Agile practitioners. Together, they combine Agile techniques with unconstrained thinking and deep industry experience to help our diverse portfolio of clients to achieve exceptional results.
We are looking for part-time Agile transformation specialists to join our team at Consultant grade with a minimum of 2 years’ Agile experience. You will be part of a team that sets up and executes Agile transformation projects that are both successful and sustainable. By operating through the full-value stream and providing expertise in organisational and cultural change, our teams design a transformation strategy that is tailored to the individual needs of our clients. You will develop your exceptional interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with top-level (CxO) stakeholders, deepen your technical understanding of Agile techniques and lead Agile transformations within global organisations of all sizes.
In this role, you will use your understanding of different project delivery models to lead high profile engagements across our diverse client base. By providing technical leadership and coaching within Agile principles, you will show our clients how to apply Agile methodologies to their business.
By collaborating with your colleagues, you will manage some of our most exciting projects across our portfolio of FTSE100, Fortune 500 and government clients. It’s your chance to be part of our vision; to build the best Agile consultancy in the world. You will have the opportunity to:
- Design best-in-class consultancy solutions that set us apart from our competition
- Take early opportunities during the sales life cycle and perform a variety of roles across the whole development lifecycle
- Provide coaching and training services that will ensure we achieve our goals
- Combine your cross-functional skills in project and programme management to create scope for continuous improvement
- Be part of and help to develop our PA Agile community
Our Agile capability will help you to drive your career forward in all aspects of the methodology. We are at the forefront of this space, with our clients spanning across the UK and internationally. With your flexibility and ability to travel to our major clients, we can help you grow alongside our diverse team of experts.
What we're looking for
- As a Consultant working part-time you will be expected to work a minimum of three days per week.
You must have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant and recent consulting experience from a leading consultancy firm
- A minimum of 2 years’ operational experience working within an Agile team although more would be expected for senior roles
- Excellent written skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Flexibility to travel both nationally and internationally to our clients
- A desire to develop PA’s internal Agile Capability as well as working with our clients
You will have some, if not all, of the following:
- Experience leading multiple Agile teams (e.g. using Scrum of Scrums, as an RTE or Kanban Lead)
- An understanding of scaling frameworks including SAFe, LeSS, Scrum@Scale and its application to programmes
- An ability to oversee transformation backlog creation, refinement and prioritisation with well-defined acceptance criteria
- Experience of facilitating team participation in collaborative planning activities (such as PI Planning)
- Experience in coaching teams to adopt Agile ways of working
- Portfolio level experience. A proven track record of delivering complex IT and technology projects using Agile methodologies
- Experience of deploying business change techniques resulting in sustainable changes to behaviours
You may also have:
- Experience at designing Agile Transformation programmes
- Experience in coaching leaders to adopt agile ways of working and servant leadership mindset
- Training qualifications in a scaling framework such as SAFe SPC or Certified Kanban Management Professional.
- Experience of running consulting assignment teams.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org