|Job Type:||Full Time|
Hutchison Ports (UK) - Port of Felixstowe is the largest deep-water Port in the UK and to support our continued growth and development we are looking to recruit Electrical Engineering Technicians to join our Equipment Technology department. Reporting to the Equipment Technology Manager - Equipment Technology, the purpose of the role is to diagnose, rectify and repair faults on Electrical and Electronic based control and drive systems on Port container handling equipment. The successful applicants will work within a team / shift based system to undertake Reactive Maintenance repairs, Projects, Equipment upgrades and Commissioning works as part of equipment upgrades, maintenance improvements and commission container handling equipment to improve reliability and reduce in service failures.
- Responsible for complex electrical and electronic control, instrumentation and faults on control equipment utilising diagnostic equipment across HPUK sites.
- Provide best MTTR (Mean time to repair) response time to all customer requests. Provide recommendations for equipment improvements and rectification of recurring faults.
- Reduce frequency of failures (FEM).
- Ensure all reactive repairs, corrective maintenance, modification and project works are completed effectively and safely.
- Ensure that electrical / electronic control, drive and automation systems are cost effectively repaired and maintained in a safe manner with the minimum operational disruption. To improve the equipment reliability to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Support the Information Systems department with network communications, terminal operating system interface and positioning systems within real time operating systems (RTO).
Who are we looking for?
Suitable applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Electronic / Electrical qualification, to (HNC) Higher national certificate in Electrical or Control Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Health & Safety qualification accredited (IOSH) or equivalent or a commitment to achieve with internal training within a (12) month period.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Knowledge of various PLC programming languages, control logic data communications, positioning systems and the interface with ancillary control equipment including terminal operating systems.
- Knowledge of variable speed drive systems & their required controls.
A Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) is advantageous.
Appointment to the position will be based on skills and experience with the opportunity to develop using a defined framework which attains associated incremental payments. Development through this framework will be supported by internal training and coaching.
This is a shift based role working 4 shifts on followed by 4 shifts off. Working hours, shift patterns and development plans will be discussed at interview.
Hutchison Ports is committed to creating and developing an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified applicants and encourage discussion about flexible working opportunities. We offer a supportive, community environment and have recently been awarded Chartered status by Women In Maritime. We have our own Women’s Network, offer leadership, mentoring and role specific training.
Please apply via the Port-al. The selection process may involve a competency based interview, technical assessment and psychometric assessment.