|Job Type:||Full Time|
Electrical Estimator, Dublin
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities of the role:
- As part of an established team of Mechanical & Electrical professionals the successful candidate will be involved in the production of competitive tenders / detailed estimates for pre-design or D&B projects
- Advising managers of bid prospects
- Attending pre & post tender interviews
- Complying specialist sub-contract quotes
- Ensuring sub-contractor quotes comply with specification
- Completing take-offs from tender drawings
- Report regularly to management on competitor activity, market trends and any other market dynamics that may be useful to management
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly numerate
- Understand methods of measurement and the concept of cost/valuation reconciliations
- Computer literacy in relevant estimating packages
- 2 to 3 years estimating experience
- A previous trades or engineering background
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.