|Job Type:||Full Time|
Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of the firm's business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives a potential candidate ability to contribute to wide a range of exciting projects. Our developers enjoy working with front office, quants and other technology teams.
We are seeking an experienced DevOps / Infrastructure Engineer with a development background, who can drive both infrastructure and software transformation across the Athena platform. The successful candidate will have recent hands-on experience with public and/or private Cloud platforms, container based architectures, alongside experience with modern software design patterns.
In conjunction with these exciting responsibilities, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute to the existing code base to provide innovative solutions to infrastructure problems and deliver automated solutions.
- Driving the transformation of Athena towards a service-oriented architecture that enables deployment across a diverse range of platforms such as Public Cloud, on-prem datacentres and compute grids.
- Expand and improve the current infrastructure code base using modern infra-as-code patterns and automate any maintenance routines to support day to day activities.
- Help guide projects with performance concerns to understand bottlenecks, propose, implement and deliver enhancements.
- Define controls and standards for newly adopted technologies and develop migration plans to drive transformation.
- Participate in the resolution of production incidents related to Athena Core services. Help resolve the immediate performance issue, then conduct analysis & investigations for post-mortems and implement follow-ups as needed.
- A successful track record within DevOps, Infrastructure design and transformation roles
- Hands-on experience with Public Cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud
- Extensive hands-on experience with Linux/UNIX based environments.
- Experience with containerisation and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with scripting and compiled languages, especially Bash, Python and C++.
- Strong systems engineering and software development skills.
- Problem solving, root cause analysis and debugging skills.
- A motivated self-starter, able to work with little guidance
- A demonstrated history of thinking strategically and seeing projects through to successful completion