|Job Type:||Full Time|
Lead Mechanical Engineer
Are you passionate about providing technical solutions?
Do you enjoy taking ownership to ensure you get the job done?
Be part of a successful team
Our Digital Solutions business provides intelligent, connected technologies to monitor and control our energy extraction assets. We provide customers with the peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve their operations.
Partner with the best
Responsible for activities contributing to the mechanical/electromechanical design and development of Gas & Moisture measurement products, solutions and systems.
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer - you will be responsible for:
- Executing the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects whilst adhering to industry technical regulations, business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Developing new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
- Working together with business leadership. Communications about project approach, needs and presents outcomes of research done.
- Delivering products as part of a cross functional team.
- Leading analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with proven years of experience in Engineering/Technology).
- Have strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Have the ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Have the ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Have effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Experience using SAP for configuration management and Solidworks for product definition
- Familiarity/knowledge of various industry technical regulations, including ATEX & IECEx
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!About Us:
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.