|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your role within our Kingdom
The Market & Competitive Insights team is a centralised team with deep expertise in the mobile gaming market. Using a multifaceted approach, they keep teams at King abreast of trends, opportunities and threats in the space, surfacing the latest product features, game launches and company activities in the context of their commercial performance. They are responsible for maintaining King’s view on the outside world of mobile gaming to influence our products and are arguably one of the world’s leading mobile gaming analytics units.
A key requirement for this role is strong analytical skills and a sense for how to structure an argument with data. You should be comfortable with large data sets from varying sources, each with their own caveats, and you should be able to understand how these data can be manipulated and combined to come to actionable conclusions which you can confidently communicate to senior leadership. You will also be expected to understand that insights come in many forms and that the best arguments draw upon many different sources of data, both quantitative and qualitative.
Specifically, as M&CI Manager, you will:
* Analyse competitor data to identify and interpret trends in the gaming industry, investigate cause/effect and deliver findings to influence the game design and strategy at King
* Provide bespoke market and competitor insights as requested by King Leadership and game teams to help them make more informed decisions when it comes to the most impactful initiatives of the business
* Have a keen eye for innovations at a feature level in the gaming market, be able to draw out hypotheses why features succeed (or fail) and clearly communicate findings
* Pro-actively identify new areas for investigation to support product development
* Work alongside new game teams to facilitate business cases and design aspects; where your depth of specialisation adds value to King’s future products and impacts overall game output
* Be a key part of building King’s genre taxonomy, integrating new games and developing the genre taxonomy as the market evolves to keep King’s view on the industry current and complete
* Lead presentations with key findings to varying audiences in order to convey key messages, complex problems, findings and identified solutions in a creative and effective way
* Support and develop junior team members to build capability and ‘ready now’ successors
* Build and manage cross-functional relationships
Skills to create thrills
* Already possess a strong knowledge of mobile gaming or be passionate enough to dedicate extra time to learning about this quickly maturing industry giant
* Strong ability to clearly structure projects, identify key areas for analysis, and manage projects from start to finish which will include:
* Defining project scope, hypotheses and evaluating impact of output
* Creating robust and dynamic models using various sources of data
* Being able to draw key conclusions and areas for further investigation from various sources of information
* Create and lead presentations with key findings to varying audiences
* Strong commercial acumen, as well as demonstrable experience of understanding relationships between key financial and non-financial business drivers
* Excellent communication skills and proven experience in presenting commercial and financial metrics to non-finance teams
* Able to lead a team of professionals including directing and shaping team priorities, managing all aspects of the team’s performance, and acting as a mentor and providing guidance to junior team members
* Passionate about data and applying an analytical mind-set partnered with a strong attention to detail
* Advanced excel skills and experience
* Demonstrable ability to work in a dynamic environment with high ambiguity
* Proven ability to work with stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds, at all levels of the organization
* Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done
* Strong quantitative skills with proficiency in VBA and programming languages such as Python, SQL, R etc.
* Experience with the ‘Looker’ client tool
A great saga needs diverse heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We craft games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all kinds of people from all types of backgrounds to bring them to life. We believe we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and new ideas in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sort of heroes, wouldn’t you agree? That’s why we provide equal opportunities and hire all sorts of talent.
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we are a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that takes pride in having fun. Every single day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to craft the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company, Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. Do you think this is something you can help us achieve? Then we’d love to talk with you.
Want to join our Kingdom? You can find more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. And we will be happy to tell you more about the role and about us. You should submit your application in English.