|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Vehicle Inspector to join our team in Sheffield
As a vehicle Inspector you will deliver effective and efficient examinations and inspections.
You will be working 40 hours per week (this will include shifts and weekends) and the salary is circa £31,000 per annum
Your main duties will include the following:
- To audit vehicle examination standards for main and safety inspections on both vehicles and examination staff.
- To ensure that workshops maintain appropriate records through depot audit checks.
- To provide the Engineering Manager with the necessary accurate information to ensure that performance indicators are being achieved.
- To ensure vehicles are examined in order to comply with at least minimum set standards at all times as determined by prohibition defect percentage calculation criteria.
- To actively manage the performance and development of your team.
- To ensure Company MOT stations are in compliance with legislation for equipment calibration paperwork and correct operation.
- To carry out routine vehicle servicing
- To assist vehicle examiners, skilled staff and semi-skilled staff in carrying out vehicle repairs.
- To assist in carrying out routine vehicle examinations
- To ensure parts replaced under warranty are returned to stores fully labelled and in a clean condition.
Skills & Experience:
- You must hold a minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2).
- You'll be aware of the VOSA standards for both the categorisation of defects (Spot checks/enforcement) and annual test).
- You must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
To be successful you will be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment including, hydraulic vehicle lifts, pressurised oil and waste systems, battery chargers and starters, trolley jacks, scaffolding, pressure wash and automatic washing equipment, headlamp alignment tester, hydraulic jacks and testing equipment, drilling machine, torque wrenches, pedestal grinders
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go.
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of Inspectors, technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!