|Job Type:||Full Time|
Welding Inspector, Dundalk, Co Louth
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Support implementation of the quality vision, goals and strategies.
- Identify, support production of the quality department contractual and company deliverable
- Verify implementation of contractual requirements
- Review contractors/supplier’s documentation and identify inspection and test points in relation to welding
- Monitor contractors and suppliers work for hold and witness points for welding activities
- Lease with quality team about offsite inspection activities and produce reports
- Inspection of work on site, at OSM or suppliers are dictated by the quality tracker or as advised by the applicable inspection and test plans
- Review weld procedures (WPQR’s) weld procedures (WPS’s) and welder qualification.
- Ensure work is completed in line with project specifications, undertaking inspections at defined stages.
- Completion of weld logs recording weld Identification and weld numbers.
- Plan and perform quality audits in relation to welding at Vendor/contractor and their subcontractors.
- Witness first off weld coupons in line with specification
- Raise non-conformances when out of specification requirements are identified and support resolution and close out.
- Report non-conformances and corrective actions with documented evidence and recommendations for satisfactory resolution.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports to support KPI data
Essential Criteria for the role:
- CSWIP 3.1. (Essential)
- Excellent work and personal ethics that include trustworthiness, commitment, and empathy
- Confident, creative, and energetic approach to addressing all quality-related issues
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to produce quality written reports
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Ability to produce high standard written (English) reports
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of large multi discipline projects
- Minimum 10 years’ inspection coordination on overseeing vendors and sub-contractors work activities
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.