|Job Type:||Full Time|
Warehouse Manager, Clonee, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
You will partner cross functionally to develop, lead and execute the required strategies and initiatives to fully deliver a best in class service across the project. Utilising a commercial mindset to develop and maintain key metrics to ensure stock levels are always at their most efficient. The role reports into the Group Procurement Operations Manager.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Devise the strategy for the Materials Management function to support the wider organisational strategy in the delivery of a large-scale project.
- Develop Project Materials Management Plan (PMMP) in line with the overarching Project Procurement Execution Plan (PPEP)
- Responsible for the provision of the required level of capacity on an annual & ongoing basis in line with project needs & volumes.
- Consolidate bulk orders from multiple sources and implement processes to ensure requirements are fulfilled in a cost effective and efficient manner to ensure minimal wastage and correct stock levels are maintained.
- Support the process for the procurement of the relevant services in line with the business requirements to meet the needs of the business in terms of volumes, on- time delivery and quality of operations.
- Work closely with the commercial function to develop and maintain annual budgets. Identify trends and areas for continuous improvement and cost reduction.
- Take a lead role in strategic and operational projects. Design and implement materials management specific projects/work streams as required and provide additional ad-hoc support as required.
- Develop and lead the warehousing team to achieve best in class service.
- Provide accurate and concise information to the Group Procurement Operations Manager that can be utilised to make strategic decisions.
- Work in tandem with the Logistics Manager to ensure on time deliveries to warehouse and site.
- Be a Safety Leader – Implement and promote client best practice safety work practices within the MM team and maintain high level of housekeeping in warehouse and surrounding area.
- Maintain standards of HSEQ and comply with Company’s Health, Safety , Environment and Quality Management System requirements. Take reasonable care of one’s own health and safety and that of others in the workplace. Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Have 10+ years relevant experience and competence.
- SAP Management Skills.
- Third level or higher qualification in Business Administration, or Construction related discipline.
- Experience in modular construction.
- Experience in the construction M&E environment.
- In depth knowledge of materials management and operations & planning management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others at all levels in the organisation and a proven working relationship with people.
- Great communication skills with a commercial mindset.
- Strong business acumen and commercially aware with robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A positive and flexible attitude and self-starting ability with the aptitude to take ownership of projects as required and see them through to completion.
- Experience of largescale projects
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.