|Job Type:||Full Time|
Tig Welder, Kildare
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Install carbon steel and stainless steel piping systems in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Candidates must have experience as a coded TIG welder.
- An ability to weld in flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead positions.
- Read and interpret drawings and welding procedures.
- Log all welds on a daily weld log sheet.
- Ability to set up and operate welding plants using a welding procedure specification.
- An understanding of how to work safely around live systems.
Essential Criteria for the role:
- National Craft Cert
- Qualified to ASME IX standard
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
- Ability to drive a large scale project
- A construction background
All applicants are subject to an on-site welding test.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.