|Job Type:||Full Time|
Testing Lead, Kildare
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensures assigned construction operations and contractors’ performance are following specifications and within schedules and budgets.
- Strong technical knowledge of pipe hydrotesting and pneumatic pipe testing processes and work steps, including disassembly and re-instatement of pipe systems.
- Experienced with torque and tensioning methods of bolted flange connections. Excellent problem-solving ability along with experience of safety/quality protocols.
- Assists construction supervisors in planning and assembling of pipe test packages using the proper construction methods and procedures.
- Coordinates and resolves engineering or construction problems with supervisors as required ensuring the work packages are clearly understandable.
- Establishes procedures on testing of piping systems.
- Responsible for the development of pneumatic and hydro-test packages and responsible for verifying and witnessing acceptance of tests.
- Performs inspections of all piping work in progress on a continuing basis, witnesses tests and completes final P&ID check prior to turnover.
- Develops punch lists and monitors completion of punch items.
- Assists in securing the necessary client acceptance documentation for record.
- Prepares and has full responsibility for managing piping QC records to ensure that they are fully completed and properly submitted in a timely manner to Document Control.
- Provide leadership for safety, accident and fire prevention on the project.
- Champion the cause of ZERO Accident Philosophy.
- Ensure that local/national safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with within assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for supervising and directing testing supervision.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and optimization of craft labour and maintaining the four-week look ahead schedule for labour and equipment.
- Responsible for implementing corporate project policies, procedures and instructions within assigned piping operations.
- Coordinate with the General Foreman to hire piping craft labour to execute work.
- Coordinate established area operational plans.
- Lead the preparation of the four-week schedule and budget control with assistance from Project Controls.
- Provide input to quantity tracking application and report weekly installed quantities to Project Controls.
- Prepare material requisitions for tools and consumables and coordinate through Procurement to obtain these materials.
- Assist in performing construction testing of piping systems as required.
- Prepare reports and forecasts, including summary of construction progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecasts.
- Plan the manpower and equipment required to execute the job.
- Perform employee reviews and identify training and development opportunities for subordinate piping personnel.
- Excellent work and personal ethics that include trustworthiness, commitment, and empathy
- Confident, creative, and energetic approach to addressing all quality-related issues
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to produce quality written reports
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Ability to produce high standard written (English) reports
Essential Criteria for the role:
- 10 years relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
- Experience in use of work packs and test packs
- Good knowledge of hands-on use ensuring Right first Time” approach
- Knowledge of construction technologies.
- Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
- Familiarity with current industry quality standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health.
- Extensive experience in piping construction on large projects.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.