|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure correct storage techniques are used for storing materials including any required preservation.
- To ensure that the stores are kept in an orderly and proper manner.
- To ensure that an efficient delivery service is provided to the project from the warehouse.
- Ensure proper and accurate usage of the company computer system for managing the warehouse.
- Ensure full commitment to the implementation of the procedures.
- To monitor and control the movement of company owned and hired equipment and transport (does not include vehicles allocated to individuals for personal use).
- To ensure that all external hire of Transport, Plant and Equipment is kept to a minimum and records are kept up to date.
- Generate material reports as required and check for accuracy.
- Ensure stock reconciliation and traceability of materials issued from the warehouse.
- Where used, ensure that minimum stock levels are properly accounted for and utilised.
- Ensure excess / unwanted materials returned from site are adequately recorded and accounted for.
- Liaise with the Project Procurement Manager regarding any delivery discrepancies and any other matters to be resolved.
- Liaise with the Project Procurement Manager and coordinate the removal and disposal of excess/scrap materials
- Liaise with Project Procurement Manager and Expeditor on forecast deliveries so that adequate warehouse planning can be executed.
- Any other ad hoc duties as assigned from time to time.
- Maintain standards of HSE and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements. Take reasonable care of one’s own health and safety and that of others in the workplace. Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
- Warehouse experience
- Forklift, telehandler, power pallet trucks experience.
- Good Communication Skills
- Computer skills- Excel, Word
- Construction project environment experience
- Electrical parts knowledge
- Mechanical parts Knowledge