|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Engineering Manager, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
- Managing the engineering staff to ensure that the engineering principles and standards are adhered to. Direct the engineering staff to manage the production of construction drawings through to record drawings.
- Manage and supervise the technical submittal process, RFI process, quality, commissioning systems as required for the project.
- Ensure that there is a quality system meeting the engineering standard requirements for the project.
- Coordinates with the BIM staff to ensure the correct systems are in pace to capture coordination, builders work and support systems.
- Ensures that the electrical safety systems are designed into the project to support the Mercury Engineering LOTO policy. Technical supports to the construction team and commissioning team.
- Carrying out project site administration for Electrical Services
- Assessing and reporting on whether the works comply with legal requirements such as health and safety legislation, Building Regulations and Codes of Practice.
- Assessing and reporting on whether the works are being carried out in accordance with the contract drawings and documents (which may include taking measurements and samples).
- Monitoring site conditions to ensure that work is undertaken in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Providing regular reports (often weekly) to the Project manager.
- Attending construction progress and site co-ordination meetings.
- Reviewing, monitoring and assisting with providing technical advice to resolve the M&E Contractor’s local co-ordination and or installation queries.
- Reviewing and reporting on the quality of the installations.
- Reviewing and reporting on compliance with campus and site protocols, service tie ins, cleanliness protocols and agreed method statements.
- Reviewing and reporting on the production of the digital safety files.
- 10+ years of experience in electrical engineering
- Engineering degree to minimum of Level 8 is essential.
- Demonstrate experience in the role of electrical engineering building services include
- MV and LV distribution systems, generators, UPS systems, lighting & emergency lighting
- Small power, cable containment, lightning protection, earthing, fire alarm and security systems
- Have a good knowledge of electrical discrimination studies, load flow and cable sizing
- Support the commissioning teams to develop the commissioning plan
- Demonstrate a knowledge of all electrical code of practice, engineering codes, standards and standard industry practices
- Have a knowledge of the commercial value of engineering systems and be able to undertake value engineering initiatives
- Manage staff to engage in construction drawings, technical submittals and the RFI process
- Ensure an electrical safety system meet the minimum electrical safety standards required by code of practice
- Good communication skills and be comfortable engaging with the client and project stakeholders in regular meetings and project communication
- Experience in the data centre industry involving the following electrical services:
- MV and LV Distribution Networks
- Main Switchboard and Sub Distribution Board Installations
- Generator Systems
- Power Factor Correction
- UPS systems
- Sub-mains distribution systems
- Tray and trunking installations.
- Lighting and Emergency Lighting Installations including site lighting
- General Services and Small Power Installations.
- Structured cabling installations and associated Fibre Networks
- Fire Alarm Installations
- Access Control Installations
- CCTV and Intruder Alarm Installations
- Electrical services & Controls for Mechanical Plant.
- Energy Monitoring Systems
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.