|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Buyer, London
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Purchase equipment, materials and/or services for assigned projects.
- Secure the quality and timely delivery of goods and/or services required for assigned projects.
- Ability to develop and manage a Procurement Schedule Report (PSR).
- Negotiate vendor alliances and associated material masters.
- Assist in the reallocation or disposal of excess materials.
- Assist in proposals support when required.
- Ensure that the Authority Matrix is followed stringently.
- Expected to work with only general supervision.
- Create internal reports.
- Conduct complex bid process and do commercial evaluations.
- Identify new supplier sources and recommend new sourcing strategies in assigned area.
- Co-ordinate the logistics of goods and/services required for assigned projects.
- Independently consolidate and analyse information from various sources to develop effective procurement schedules.
- Conduct external reporting (outside of procurement department)
- Produce the project budget for project requirements.
- Create procurement budget tracker.
- Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- A third level qualification preferably in supply chain or other related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Electrical major equipment experience (transformers, ups, bus-bar...) is an advantage.
- Ability to prioritize workload efficiently.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.