|Job Type:||Full Time|
Project Controls Lead, Dublin
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Project Controls in Mercury
Due to the continued growth in Mercury’s construction activities, the group is expanding its Project Controls function. The main role of the function in Mercury is to enhance business visibility into project performance through the development and implementation of consistent tools and processes. This provides a platform for accurate, consistent reporting and early identification of critical issues on projects.
The group views accurate forecasting of project financial outcomes as the cornerstone of how we manage and report on our business.
Responsibilities of the role:
Reporting to the Project Controls Director the role will include but not be limited to the following activities:
- Run monthly contract review cycle for selected projects ensuring that project teams are following month end close out procedures as required by the business.
- Liaise with and support project teams with project reporting, contractual positions, cost control, earned value management and assessment of project risks.
- Ensure that key stakeholders are updated on project risks and opportunities and the commercial implications associated with projects.
- Review and comment on validation files submitted by projects. Ensure that the proposed validation is accurate and reflects the Project Execution Plan in terms of Contracting Strategy.
- Participate in detailed project controls lead validations of key projects to ensure that proper and effective project control measures are in place with emphasis on cost control, schedule and progress monitoring.
- Work closely with the Project Controls function to improve existing project controls and commercial processes and procedures.
- Undergraduate degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the construction industry.
- Commercially astute with an ability to assess project risks and opportunities.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals to achieve tight deadlines, priortise tasks and effectively time-manage.
- Demonstrate strong analytical capability to interpret and challenge data and to interrogate project positions and commercial issues.
- Proactive, detailed orientated with ability to also understand and see the broader impacts.
- Strong interpersonal skill and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation.
- Committed and self-motivated that can adapt to change within a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to manage relationships and various stakeholders.
- Previous experience in working with SAP finance system and a high degree of IT literacy would be an advantage.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.