|Job Type:||Full Time|
Pipefitters / Plumbers Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
We are looking for pipefitters with industrial experience for our project in Co. Kildare
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pipe bending, pipe joining, pipe fitting, inspection and testing, fault diagnosis. Identification of materials, rothernberger brazing, installing and maintaining; fuel storage and distribution systems, fire control systems, natural and LPG systems, cold water storage tanks, heating systems, sanitation systems, cold and mains water services, watermains, hot water cylinders and calorifiers, hot water services flues and verification, compressed air systems, steam pipework
- Pre-commissiong of plumbing and mechanical services, pre-commissioning of air handling units
- Knowledge of industrial and process gases and liquids, medical gases, electrical controls for central heating and air conditioning systems, hot and cold-water services, plumbing systems, solid fuel and oil fired boiler/ burner units pumps, air conditioning systems, roof work
- Reading drawings and specifications, planning, basic electricity, bracket fabrication, oxy-acetylene welding and cutting, bronze welding, soldering, manual metal arc welding, tungsten inert gas welding, setting out, measuring, transferring levels, use and care of tools, safety, scaffolding, rigging
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- National Craft Certificate
- Safe Pass
- Manual Handling
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
- Ability to drive a large scale project
- A construction background
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.