|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mechanical Engineer, London
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Management of the Mechanical Systems under your control.
- Management of Site Safety in conjunction with the project manager and the Mercury Safety Advisor. This will include the setup, management of and closing out of the safety file as part of the Management team.
- Management of Site Quality Assurance (QA) in conjunction with Mercury QA Manager including set up, management and close out of file
- Management of Project Schedule in conjunction with Mercury Project manager, consulting Engineer and Client requirements
- Management of all costs associated with your package including:
- Mercury Mechanical Team
- Material deliveries and goods receipting.
- Plant and Equipment
- Management of all day to day site operations
- Ensure Mercury Policies and procedures are followed closely.
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels. Ensure that there is a weekly minuted meeting with sub-contractor.
- Management of the Mercury “In Progress” snagging system ensuring that the supervisors return weekly punch lists where applicable. Ensure all snags are distributed to all Sub-contractors
- Issue direct labour hours and sub-contractor hours to time administrator for tracking centrally.
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
- Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the support of the site project manager and your project team.
- Issue weekly cost reports. This will include all orders placed, materials expected, and labour levels.
- Issue internal weekly progress report rolled up from project supervisors report. This will highlight progress percentage complete based on WBS codes and any concerns. It should also highlight any risk elements within the control of Mercury.
- Issue external weekly progress report, to the project manager, highlighting areas not available, delays, shortage of design, third party hold ups and percentage complete.
- Schedule material deliveries to correspond with the project schedule. Track deliveries.
- Maintain a weekly project photographic diary
- All other duties associated with the role.
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- 5+ years experience working with a recognised Mechanical contractor in process mechanical / pipework
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient in use of systems software related to Engineering functions
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.