|Job Type:||Full Time|
Lean Champion, Kildare
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Lean Champion in Mercury;
As a Lean champion you are required to lead the delivery of a highly productive project. You will need to coach, train and mentor project management in the Lean tools and techniques needed to deliver the project.
Our Lean goals for the project are:
- S/E < 0.95
- > 5 Lean wins a month. Documented in our Lean Best-Known Methods (BKM’s)
You are required to serve as a role model and advocate for continuous improvement and streamlining processes by encouraging staff to look for opportunities to make their processes easier and more efficient.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Set up a Lean committee to develop a project charter for the project. It will be the committee’s responsibility to create a Lean vision, with realistic goals and a strategy that will deliver continuous improvements year after year.
- Work with the advanced work package team to develop and implement weekly work plans; daily work plans and appropriate elements of the last planner system.
- Lead Gemba walks with senior management to understand processes and identify problem areas.
- Conduct direct observations in the field and report back to senior management with findings.
- Review current processes with stakeholders and discuss potential opportunities for productivity gains
- Manage and publish Lean indicators on a weekly basis.
- Help create and develop a Lean culture within the project (culture of continuous improvement)
- Actively work to maintain controls to sustain project improvement gains
- Document and communicate improvement gains (BKM’s) within the project and to the organization
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria
- Passion for change and continuous improvement
- Skilled diplomat and communicator
- Possesses well developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Lean Black Belt.
- 8+ years of front-line construction experience.
- A recognized professional qualification in engineering or related field (B.Sc. or equivalent).
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.