|Job Type:||Full Time|
IT Support Analyst, Kildare
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Provide IT support to project-based employees. Responsible for day to day maintenance and changes to site office IT infrastructure (servers and network). Based in project office supporting multi-year project for leading client. Role will require also involvement in Group level IT support activities. Reports to IT Service Delivery Manager
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Managing support calls from end users via different channels: helpdesk system, email, voicemail, telephone or in person
- Resolution of support calls in accordance with established Service Level Agreements – be that by the first line support person or by forwarding the ticket to other relevant personnel i.e. system admins or third-party support resource
- Logging all support calls and follow up with caller to confirm problem resolution
- Performing a range of systems administrative tasks under supervision of System Admin
- Installing new computers and network equipment
- Managing project specific logistics (orders and deliveries of IT equipment and software)
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Experience with supporting standard office applications (Microsoft Office, Autodesk Software, Adobe Acrobat, Skype for Business, MS Teams)
- Good knowledge of Mobile Operating Systems (iOS, Android)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Server / Active Directory environment (end users/groups management)
- Experience with managing end users in Office365.
- Knowledge of sharing files and printers in Microsoft Windows network
- Familiarity with TCP/IP network
- Previous experience with appliance-based site to site VPN links (Fortigate, Cisco, CheckPoint)
- Previous experience with administration of multi-site Active Directory environment.
- Basic knowledge of Cisco switches (concept of vlans, subnets, trunks)
- Familiarity with remote support / access tools (LogMeIn, RDP)
- Basic experience with PC hardware (replacing hard drive, graphic card)
- Problem solving – to take structured approach to problems
- Ability to manage and prioritise own tasks
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve end users’ problem within Microsoft operating system environment
- Willing to constantly improve qualifications
- Full Driving Licence
- Windows 7 or 10
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- Windows Server Active Directory (2012R2 or newer)
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.