|Job Type:||Full Time|
Electrical Apprentice, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Mercury is committed to hire and train Electrical Apprentices. During the apprenticeship, Mercury will give the apprentice additional training in our Apprentice Development Centre. The apprentice will be registered with SOLAS and must complete seven phases with Solas and Mercury during their apprenticeship. The apprenticeship consists of 7 phases: 3 off-the-job and 4 on-the-job. SOLAS and the Department of Education and Science have responsibility for providing the off-the-job training, whilst your on-the-job training will take place on site with Mercury
The Apprentice will be required to work 39 hours per week, and overtime when requested. The Apprentice will be transferred across our sites during their apprenticeship. The Apprentice will report to their site foreman/mentor.
Please ensure with your application that you have completed the below:
- This job posting is for anyone wishing to start an electrical apprenticeship
- Attached a copy/picture of your Junior & Leaving cert results with your application.
- Completed the Solas Ishihara Colour Vision Test prior to interview.
- If you have already completed your Vision Test, please attach it to your application also.
- These forms are available from your local SOLAS/ETB centre
- All applicants who are called to interview will be required to complete a maths test
- Reference from previous employer
Essential – Electrical:
- 5 passes in the Leaving Certificate
- Ordinary / Honours level Maths in the Leaving Certificate - passed
- SOLAS eye test
- Safe Pass Card
- Manual Handling Certificate
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.