|Job Type:||Full Time|
BIM Engineer, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- BIM S/W management
- BIM S/W renewals management
- Model QA of fab packs
- Creation of COBIE sheets
- Object Library management
- Clash management on all systems
- Clash reporting with template creation and management
- Overall BIM systems management and systems evolution
- PID’s, Scan & point cloud data
- Production of isometrics and BOM
- Data Analytics:
- Data analysis of attribute information contained within 3D CAD models and other data sources for the purposes of quantification, 4D construction sequencing and to facilitate the fabrication and construction process in a BIM workflow.
- Generation of detailed statistical reports to support LEAN improvements within the BIM process at Mercury
- Development of standard operational tools (Excel Spreadsheets / Access front ended SQL databases) to support 3D model development and monitor QA and progress of model development.
- Develop process flows and document same for 3D model builds.
- Technical CAD IT support to model detailers and training in process flows and data requirements
- Adherence to Mercury CAD and BIM manuals and processes
- Collaboration with other trades
- Field surveying and verification
- Development of reports in line with scheduling requirements
- Problem solving and resolution
- Production of GA’s and detailing sheets
- Attendance at design and construction reviews
- Assistance in the overall development of the BIM protocols and systems
- Work with the BIM steering committee in driving and implementing improvement roadmap plans
- Implement, lead and drive the new programs Mercury are putting in place to ensure Mercury Group BIM is recognised as an industry leader for BIM capability and innovation.
- Networking and an ability to work well in teams is a requirement
- Training and mentoring of new entry staff on completion of training modules
- Liaison with Mercury site staff in interpreting and amending models
- Ensure integration of models into federated model for overall co-ordination
- Development of 3D coordinated services and structure layouts for clash control
- Remain fully up to date with the drawing management process and control systems
- Development of mechanical & electrical systems and designs coordinated building services layouts, management of drawing registers and standards.
- Technical report writing
- Travel to sites (both in Ireland and abroad) may be required
- The production of builders works schedules and associated drawings
- Complete material procurement schedules
- Programming (timelines) for projects
- Attend design, client & site meetings as required
- Deal with sub-contractors, client consultants and GC to ensure correct installation
- Operate to health + safety requirements
- Ensure compliance and adherence to Mercury’s EHS Policies and systems
- Co-ordinate installation of mechanical services with other trades
- Ensure QA/QC compliance
Essential Criteria for the role:
- Trades background (5+ years) with good computer skills
- University degree or diploma in engineering or BIM. Engineering preferably with 3 years’ experience in a BIM dept or similar environment.
- Capable of Reading and understanding of pipework specifications
- Capable of Reading P&IDs and GA’s
- Pipe & fittings – including, carbon steel, stainless steel, Schedule Pipe and Tubing.
- High Purity pipework and fittings
- Plastic pipework
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Efficient in MS Excel
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/CAD Worx/Revit
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.