|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cloud Ops and Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and for operating the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness, and environmental sustainability. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s over 200 online businesses including Azure, Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, and OneDrive. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
The Cloud Interconnection and Acquisitions team is responsible for acquisition of Fiber, Edge, Interconnection/Peering and CDN contracting solutions supporting all of Microsoft’s online services infrastructure. We work with the various engineering, capacity, and long-range planning teams on a collaborative basis to ensure the Microsoft network has the highest quality and availability globally.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
We're looking for an experienced and courageous leader that must be able support, influence and deliver interconnection capacity in a fast-paced production environment—you must be agile and able to adapt to changing conditions and priorities. The successful candidate will need excellent analytical, communication, and collaboration skills and have a deep understanding of the Internet eco-system, specifically in Europe, Middle East, and APAC. You will be working with people from many different teams across multiple time-zones with diverse backgrounds, requiring an open mind-set. You must be able to influence others and work cross-functionally to achieve broad goals. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Microsoft and enjoy working with ISPs to provide comprehensive solutions for managing traffic to ensure the best possible customer experience.
- Deep understanding of Interconnection capacity delivery from an end-to-end perspective
- Detailed Technical understanding of IP networks, deep traffic analysis from various vantage points to help manage day to day peering and interconnections, evaluate and formulate interconnection strategies.
- Managing the peer relationships and negotiate peering interconnections and off-net caches.
- Ability to Ingest unconstrained traffic forecast requirements to constrained while optimizing the traffic profile and cost with providers using a mix of first- and third-party delivery.
- Ability to coordinate and drive peering-implementation ordering process to achieve quick turnaround to augment peering capacity.
- Ability to translate commercial agreements into network deliverables. Including working with Engineering to optimize peering polices and BGP configurations.
- Represent organization’s interest in peering industry events
- Maintain healthy relationships with established peers and develop relationship with potential strategic peers.
- Formulate, execute and manage strategies and operational aspects of keeping the traffic localized to optimize cost and performance.
- BS or BA degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience)
- 4+ years of experiences in networking technologies
- Strategic negotiations and/or business development obtaining services from high-technology providers in data center and Internet technologies.
- Understanding of BGP and dependencies between IGP and EBGP.
- Experience with contractual/MSA negotiations
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of optical networking: Fiber optics and optical technologies.
- Solid grasp and experience with workflow management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including financial analytics.
- Good PC skills, MS office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently
- Multiple languages preferred.
- PowerBI experience a plus
- 7+ years of experience in networking technologies
- 5+ years of experience in strategic negotiations and/or business development obtaining services from technology providers in data center and Internet technologies.
- BS or BA degree in technology or science
- Knowledge of subsea systems topologies (Intra-Asia, TransPac, Asia- Mid East to Europe), cable landings and Interconnection facilities regionally.
- Extensive experiences with contract development and vendor management
Willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.