|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Manager to lead the highways strategic bid team to deliver winning bids in line with the highway's strategy and business plan. You will be working in an established team who work on strategic bids that have significance to the company.
There are a number of major opportunities coming up for clients such as HS2, Network Rail, Transport Scotland just to mention a few.
In this role you will drive the collaboration with bid and technical teams, working closely with Account Leaders to identify, prioritise and deliver bids for the highway division.
This role is full time, but you can be home based with occasion travel.
On a day to day basis you will be preparing and managing the production of bids with your team. We will need you to drive, lead and assist in the production of best in class bid quality answers that meet the quality and scoring criteria and within budget. This will also involve identifying and driving delivery of technical and administrative support required where necessary.
The role also requires your expertise to develop the bidding strategy and delivery processes based on continual improvement including capturing of benefits, added value and innovation. You will facilitate communication during and after bids are submitted both internally and externally, ensuring feedback is understood and implemented.
This role will give you the opportunity to be at the forefront of industry development and client drivers to align bid responses with client/project strategic goals and objectives. You will also carry out relevant research and liaise with appropriate departments and specialists to obtain relevant information/details to allow written solutions to be developed and considered.
- Compliance with Group and Unit directives and governance within delegated authorities
- Compliance with group systems and the Quality, Environmental and Safety system
- Sharing best practice across the MM group to enhance quality submissions.
- Contribute to a knowledge bank of bid material, evidence and responses to facilitate strategic development of quality responses
- Act as a champion of and acts credibly in accordance with the organisation's values (PRIDE)
We are looking for someone that has extensive experience in bid management and response processes (such as Shipley), developing winning proposals as well as leading a team. You will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience.
- Degree standard education
- Professional qualification i.e. APMP, CEng or equivalent
- Experience in using planning software / bid planning
- Excellent report and bid/proposal writing skills- with a specific focus on attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and able to work under pressure
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and potential clients, with a particular focus on sharing best practice with colleagues
- Excellent presentation (inc reviews, storyboarding) and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work which may involve flexible working hours
- Technically and commercially aware able to coach/mentor on all bid delivery and to solve problems
The deadline for applications