About the role
Abcam require an Information Architect (Contractor) to work on new global digital initiatives, with large data sets, across categorisation of product taxonomies, content and deep e-commerce navigation, via various platforms and systems. This role will include leading on front-end experience data modelling, which is utilised across various global regions.
As the sole Information Architect, you will be part of a small team who are data and experience focused and who operate within an agile Scrum environment. Part of the Abcam Digital Product Team, you’ll be in good company working alongside a multi-disciplinary team with expertise honed at recognized leading brands.
- Data / content modelling tools and processes
- Lead the research & design of content taxonomies for our digital products
- Drive the set-up and taxonomy of a headless CMS
- Collaborate with our Product management and UX team in the delivery of a new website and digital platforms
- Work within an agile environment and share best practice
- Create architectural solutions from existing and new requirements
- Experience with varying scales of data and complexity
- Demonstrate knowledge of projects including data automation from legacy systems
- Agile scrum experience an advantage
- Skilled in relevant applications such as Visio, OmniGraffle or similar and versed in collaborative cloud tools
- Previous experience on a large ecommerce environment or similar
- Excellent communication skills to convey ideas and requirements
- Extensive experience in developing complex digital taxonomies
- Experience in user research methods, particularly card sorting
- Experience in working with headless CMS platforms
- Experience working with external vendors and/or agencies in an agile environment, whilst understanding the value of an iterative process
- Comfortable communicating with stakeholders and managing their input and requirements at all levels
We are looking for a proactive individual that demonstrates the drive and desire to deliver projects to a high standard.
As part of our recruitment process, it is important that we can review candidate current and past work. Please either share work ahead of interview or be prepared to bring examples.