|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
This is an opportunity for a strong Python Developer to join a dynamic agile team that owns and develops an internal cloud based platform which currently manages over 7000 active MariaDB database instances.
Our product forms a crucial component of our industry leading development environment and faces an ever increasing demand as our technology organisation continues to grow and JP Morgan develops an increasingly diverse range of modern digital products.
To manage this increasing demand we are developing the next generation of this platform for MySQL, using an API first ethos, to enable JP Morgan's thousands of engineers to create & manage their MySQL instances via a variety of self-service methods.
As a hands on Python Developer you will be able to help shape this product, and push the capabilities of the platform forward, whilst learning new skills related to databases and infrastructure.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient with programming in Python
- Experience of Django
- Experience working with MariaDB and MySQL
- Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery
- Understanding cloud, virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
- Experience with developing frameworks that help increase developer efficiency, release velocity, code health and technical standards
- Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: database, unix/linux environments, large scale software development, security software development
- Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals