|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Applications Domain
Microsoft’s Business Applications Domain helps customers maximize their investment in Microsoft Dynamics solutions and the full portfolio of Microsoft Products through accelerated adoption and productive use of technologies. The Microsoft Business Applications Domain team is part of a global organization of exceptional people who lead and serve our partners as they realize their full potential through software and services.
Working at Microsoft
We are part of multi-Cultural environment, adaptable, collaborative, customer focused, results-driven influencers with good judgment and a growth mindset. No matter where you work or what you do it’s people that make the difference.
What this means for you is opportunity to experience a variety of jobs, technologies, and geographies. To meet and learn from interesting and talented people. To make an impact by working on things that make a real difference in millions, even billions, of people’s lives.
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft we also work to empower our employees so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Growth mind-set: At Microsoft, we’re insatiably curious and always learning. We ask questions, take risks and build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together.
Customer obsessed: We are passionate about helping our customers achieve more, and that means we really listen and learn from them. We bring solutions that don’t just meet the needs of customers and their businesses, they often surprise and delight them. Then we innovate further to give them even more.
Diversity and inclusion: We don’t just value differences, we seek them out. We invite them in.Microsoft is a place where employees can be who they are. We value diverse perspectives. And as a result, we have better ideas, better products and happier customers.
One Microsoft: We are a family of individuals at a truly global company, united by a single mission. We
work together, building on each other’s ideas and collaborating across boundaries to bring the best of Microsoft to our customers and the world.
Making a difference: Our employees have access to the latest technology and tools, the power to build on the company’s far-reaching momentum and the drive to change the world. We can make a difference. Together, we can help billions of people around the globe use digital technology to achieve amazing things.
We know where we’re going as a company and how we’ll get there. We are committed to reinvent productivity and business processes, build the intelligent cloud platform and create more personal computing. These three goals are interconnected, they’re bold—and they’re why we are always looking to bring even more brilliant and creative people to our team.
In the role you will
- Lead some of our largest transformation engagements to develop value driven roadmaps and help our customers prioritise and plan for their digital transformation journey
- Assess the client’s As-Is and develop a “To-be” solution. You will identify industry, business and technology / digital trends which can be applied, such as mobility, big data, IoT, etc.
- Develop user journeys that describe the application of specific technology elements in the client environment and describe the business outcomes these will deliver.
- Develop and share detailed solutions with existing client service teams, and empower (internal and customer) stakeholders to evangelise the transformation and strategy across the client organisation.
- Work through each stage of the design thinking process: from research to understand requirements, prototyping and testing creative solutions:
- Research will include both qualitative and qualitative aspects (interviews, focus groups, participant observation, document review, business value analysis) with a view to defining the problem space
- Define the solution space by developing, testing and refining the ideas generated. Ideas can be presented in multiple applicable formats – visual, text, video, design, etc.
- Present and defend proposal experiences including business outcomes, solution overviews and initiative roadmaps to peers and executive level stakeholders (internal and external)
- Coordinate with subject matter expertise to provide clients with information on how to successfully deploy ERP, Field Service and CRM solutions
- Work with other services team members and leaders to proactively identify and mitigate/resolve risks and issues
- Contribute to the success of other through the sharing of best practices, lessons learned and IP from projects to the global community with focus on continuous improvement
- Industry skills in a sector such as manufacturing, utilities, energy, construction and engineering
- Demonstratable understanding of human centred design thinking approach to problem solving
- Great experience in storyboards, human centric flows, prototypes and testing methods
- Be able to balance the between three competing factors of – user desirability vs business viability vs tech feasibility
- Ability to work and collaborate with other disciplines within the team and with other parties – internal & external
- Experience of Manufacturing, Engineering or Utility industries
- Broad knowledge of technology and how businesses use technology; strong knowledge for digital technologies, including data analytics, mobility, cloud, and consumerisation of enterprise technologies
- Great presentation skills
- Innovative, self-motivated, start-up mindset
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge in ERP, Field Service or CRM Platforms
- Experience of working within one of the “big 4” consulting firms
- Experience of being part of the implementation of a transformation program
- Passionate about technology trends, both enterprise and consumer
- 15+ years consulting / or IT functional strategy experience, especially around business technology
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/default.mspx