|Job Type:||Full Time|
The world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients.
Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to lead its industry, deliver long-term performance and contribute to sustainability.
Entity and activity description
Our portfolio of products and services is broad enough to meet the very different requirements of just about every branch of industry, engineering, science and technology. Our technical specialists work with customers to improve the efficiency of existing processes, meet customers' new technological needs and develop applications to meet specific process requirements. 'As part of the Air Liquide Group, the worlds leading producers and suppliers of industrial and medical gases and related services, Calgaz has the capacity to apply global resources and expertise to local market needs.
Calgaz is the global leader in specialty calibration gases.
Missions and Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for a Production Manager to join us at our branch in Stoke to oversee and coordinate business operations within the Calgaz gas cylinder filling operation.
The individual will ensure timely production and distribution of our packaged gases to both internal and external customers whilst leading the team to drive forward a culture of delivering a quality product in a safe and cost effective manner that meets with our customers expectations.
Key elements will involve:
- Oversee and mentor the production & distribution supervisors to ensure a high level of proficiency and development.
- Responsible for the identification of preventative maintenance and critical spare parts for the facility and reporting these to the Engineering and Maintenance Manager so that this can be controlled through the Intelex Module.
- Works with the division maintenance and engineering group to align processes and collaborate on local projects, maintenance and break down issues.
- Manages third party contractors while on site, ensuring proper safety procedures are followed by all parties including the “Safe Work Permits” and the MOC (Management of Change) procedures.
- Assures product and process quality by understanding and anticipating customer needs; designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
Competencies and Profile
- Bachelor’s degree – Chemistry, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Leadership experience with at least 4 - 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others
Ability to manage multiple priorities