|Job Type:||Full Time|
The scope of the role covers core pillars of governance, regulatory commitments, regulatory requests and risk and controls. A key element of the role is to provide specific support to the EMEA CIO to enable him to discharge his oversight responsibilities. This involves the strategic design and implementation of a robust governance framework for EMEA Technology, raising awareness and adhering to the UK Regulators’ Senior Manager Certification Regime (SMCR) guidelines and also EMEA regulatory guidelines; ensuring consistency of process and output, facilitating monthly governance forums, maintaining governance documentation, preparing for meeting with UK-based Regulators, facilitating meetings with key stakeholders as well as various ad hoc requests.
The role will provide oversight across all technology groups operating in the EMEA Region. This will include the functional groups supporting delivery and key stakeholders associated with delivering against regulatory requirements. In addition, the candidate will be exposed to a varied landscape of transformation initiatives and be involved with developing risk management practices supporting the EMEA CIO.
This role is an excellent opportunity to work in a small, progressive team with exposure to a key regulatory agenda and direct interaction with Technology senior management.
- Support the EMEA CIO with building and maintaining a robust governance framework for the EMEA Technology landscape
- Support the EMEA CIO with Regional xLOB executive-level presentations and analysis, comprising of financial, non-financial and technical content, including materials for regulated meetings within the UK & EU entities
- Support the EMA CIO with collation and preparation of monthly EMR reporting materials
- Support the EMEA Technology Operating Committee (ETOC) through meeting facilitation, materials preparation & action tracking; including escalation to Regional Oversight committee & Regional Management Committee
- Work with key regional stakeholders to conduct investigations into queries raised, securing technology
- Support sub-regional CTOs to enable delivery of Regional Technology Target Operating Model (TOM)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with LOB Technology and other key partners
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
1. Understanding of the Finance Services industry, the regulatory environment and impact on business strategy:
a. Work experience in the Financial Services industry, with a good understanding of the products and markets in which the CIB operates
b. Prior experience of facilitating formal Governance or working in a Risk & Controls / Business Management related role (desirable)
c. Understanding of the fundamentals of Technology Risk management
2. Excellent Communication Skills:
a. Very strong written and verbal communication with the ability to provide opinion and challenge as appropriate
b. Good attention to detail with the ability to succinctly communicate and collate information requirements to / from LoBs
3. Experience in delivering high quality written deliverables on time:
a. Ability to consistently deliver work of a high standard, to tight timelines
b. Ability to balance and deliver upon multiple delivery requests whilst managing expectations
c. Ability to consistently deliver results with little direct supervision and good judgement as to when to seek assistance or escalate
4. Outstanding Work Ethic:
a. Determined approach to deliver to time and quality expectations and to influence the agenda of others
b. Deals comfortably with ambiguity and uncertainty; is flexible and has the ability to create clarity and consensus
5. Strong Technical Competencies:
a. Excellent working knowledge of all MS Office applications
b. Strong Analytical/Data Mining Skills
c. Good SharePoint experience
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.