|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sr. Tax Analyst – International Tax
Are you a tax professional that wants to take the next step in your career in a fast-paced environment while making an impact at a multinational group?
We are seeking an International Tax Senior Analyst for our growing tax team based in our London offices at Angel. You will be an integral member of Expedia's International Tax Team, improving Expedia's financial performance through management of corporate income tax obligations across our brands, including Brand Expedia, Hotels.com, Egencia, Expedia Affiliate Network. You will work in collaboration with other members of the Tax and Finance teams to execute tax compliance, reporting and advisory functions in the EMEA region.
Our international team based across the US, London, Singapore and Australia enjoys work/life balance, a strong and friendly work culture, and benefits from a supportive leadership team.
What you’ll do:
You will take responsibility for a portfolio of EMEA territories, working with our wider tax team and our advisors to run corporate tax compliance, reporting, controversy and advisory related matters in those countries. You will have an enthusiastic, flexible approach equipping you to deal with day to day responsibilities including:
- Overseeing and reviewing corporate tax returns and tax payments prepared by our Big 4 outsourced providers
- Working closely with Finance/Accounting teams on tax related matters, such as tax disclosures required for statutory reporting purposes
- Coordinating with our Global Tax Reporting team on quarterly and year-end US GAAP tax provision
- Assisting with responding to tax audits from foreign tax authorities
- Supporting the wider EMEA international team in researching tax implications of new business initiatives and tax advisory projects
- Keeping up to date with tax issues and changes in relevant territories
Who you are:
You are a fully qualified ACA or CTA (or equivalent) with a minimum of 3 years public accounting experience with a top tier public accounting firm. Your background will include a strong grounding of corporate income tax compliance and reporting, including a detailed understanding of a tax regime of at least one major European country. You have strong inter-personal skills and enjoy working in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
We are looking for someone with the following strengths:
- Strong organisational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to approach problems from a commercial perspective
- Takes ownership of career and self-development
- Enjoy building relationships and collaborating in a team environment
- Experienced multi-tasker, with a focus on effective prioritisation
- Ability to utilise tax knowledge and previous experience to contribute to meeting the department's objectives
- Excel in a rapidly changing and fast-growing organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.