|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference.
The Global Black Belt Specialist, Azure Apps and Infra – Mainframe Migration is a senior solution sales professional within our enterprise sales organization with a special focus on drive the growth Mainframe Migrations to Azure.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- Leading and challenging customers with clear strategic vision of digital transformation and the business possibilities through Legacy Migration to Azure including Mainframe Migration (IBM z/Series, Unisys Clearpath), and Midrange Migration (As/400, IBM iSeries, IBM pSeries) to Azure.
- Driving executive conversations both within and outside IT.
- Growing the number of Mainframe to Azure migration customers and associated Azure Consumed Revenue in your aligned sales area by:
- Successfully identifying, positioning and selling Mainframe to Azure Solutions and projects
- Scaling penetration and reach through engagement of prioritized partner for Mainframe to Azure Solutions
- Building and communicating IP and sales best practices across peer GBB teams and mainstream sales teams
- Expanding and deepening relationships and satisfaction of customers implementing Mainframe to Azure Solutions
- Leading a global virtual team of experts and influencers, driving resource execution to maximize impact.
- 70% of your time you will be a leader of sales opportunities, disciplined in business and pipeline management and engaging an established ecosystem of mainframe migration partners (SIs, ISVs) which provide the services and technologies to migrate mainframe workloads to Azure. This will be required to meet & exceed sales targets and operational standards.
- 30% of your time you will lead your geo area by educating account teams and Mainframe Migration Champ. to enable them to win sales and accelerate customer migrations to drive Azure usage. You will maintain and develop a positive Customer and Partner Experience (CPE). In addition you will influence the go to market strategy by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Sales Leader: Disciplined in business-management, meeting sales targets and operational standards. Mentors other sellers towards a “challenger mentality” by prompting them to engage the customer early with new insights. Demonstrated experience influencing senior stakeholders within customer and own organization (required)
- Solution Expert: Deep understanding of Mainframe to Azure solution value, key areas of differentiation, and knowledge to create industry-centric use cases for Mainframe to Azure solutions (required)
- Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to CxOs, technical decision makers & enterprise solution architects by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria (required)
- Business Value Seller: Proven record of effective account management, particularly demonstrating coupling business acumen with technology knowledge, to connect customer business challenges to their technology decisions and; coaching the customer through business case creation, approval, and stakeholder buy-in. (required)
- Audience Credibility: Has credibility with key decision makers within our customers. Ability to influence target decision makers such as CxOs, Business Decision Makers, Operational Technology Leaders, developers, and Line of Business Owners. (required).
- Social Seller: Builds a strong and active business network that stretches and influences far beyond themselves, including leveraging social selling tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator (preferred).
- Technical Acumen. Experienced at driving solutions to full production roll out and project implementation. Strong synthesizer of tools, services and resources with own expertise to build complete end to end solutions. Able to demonstrate the value of technology, respond to RFPs and RFIs, conduct initial technology evaluation with the customer.(required)
- Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence (required)
- Technical Experience
- Experienced. 10+ years’ experience selling Mainframe Migration services or technologies to large/global enterprise customers (required)
- Mainframe Experience: Previous work experience at enterprise customer or partner for architecting and deploying Mainframe Migration solutions (required)
- Hybrid Cloud Experience: 2+ years of Hybrid Cloud selling experience in public/private-cloud for Mainframe migraiton solutions
- Prior work experience in product sales and/or product marketing within a software and/or services company
- Demonstrated technical thought leadership in customer facing situations and deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Strong understanding of the enterprise segment customers, partners, and services sales engines with demonstrated success in driving revenue growth in new business models.
- Should work autonomously, be results-driven, and demonstrate the ability to influence cross group agendas (including at an executive level) while driving non-reporting teams to perform.
- Mainframe Partner Knowledge and Management. Strong knowledge of Mainframe (IBM z/Series, Unisys Clearpath) Migration solutions and partner ecosystem including SIs and ISV tool providers (required).
- Midrange Partner Knowledge and Management. Knowledge of Midrange (As/400, IBM iSeries, IBM pSeries) Migration solutions and partner ecosystem including SIs and ISV tool providers (preferred).
- Competitive Knowledge. Strong knowledge of Mainframe Migration cloud competitors (AWS, GCP, IBM)
Amount of Travel Time Required: Up to 50% of time