|Job Type:||Full Time|
Expedia is looking for an experienced HR Manager to join our EMEA Regional HR Team. This role will be based in London and you will report to the People Team Director.
In this role, you will form part of a team based across multiple locations in EMEA and you will provide regional HR knowledge and expertise for the UK and Ireland to resolve workforce, employment and performance related issues.
You will work in partnership with local leaders, HR Business Partners, COE teams and Legal to ensure timely delivery of high quality HR activity enabling business needs.
You'll be experienced, hard-working and able to work autonomously with an engaging and empathic style. You will thrive within a fast paced environment and will need to hit the ground running for this 6 months mission.
What you’ll do…
- Provide a harmonious approach to employee relations (ER) activity and continue to develop outstanding capabilities.
- Facilitate and drive business improvement by diagnosing and identifying improved approaches to ER.
- Ensure scalable process and tools are in place to ensure fairness, objectivity and consistency across all locations.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the HRBP community and coach to the broader HR function.
- Provide mentoring and advice on performance management issues and activity.
- Project Management responsibility for key change projects.
Who you are…
- Demonstrable experience handling HR and Employee Relations with depth of experience in the UK (required).
- Strong project and organisational change capability proven through leading and executing complex HR programs.
- Ability to successfully navigate in a "matrix" organizational environment and have a track record of achieving results, both independently and through using a team.
- Ability to build and develop credible relationships at speed through all levels in the organization to influence without direct authority and successfully represent the overall Regional HR function.
- Supports clients to resolve difficult issues: identifies issues, clarifies opinions/assumptions, and drives for resolution.
- Highly proficient in Employee Relations practices and Employment Law (required).
- Ability to diagnose and synthesize chronic themes that requires change, and successfully recommends solutions, in addition to acting in a 'hands on' role to get results.
- Data-driven – make decisions using data and facts.
- Some travel may be required at times in own jurisdictions and wider EMEA.
Why join us…
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.