|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameEastern Region
About Network Rail
We at network rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here
Undertake and direct inspection, faulting, maintenance and renewal work as allocated safely efficiently and to relevant standards. Direct, organise and motivate staff when leading a team. This is a telecoms role.
About the role (External)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Establish and maintain appropriate safety arrangements for staff under your control including Contractors.
2. Carry out work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements or other relevant instructions.
3. Undertake work and associated duties for which you are trained and competent.
4. Undertake and direct work activities in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with all relevant standards.
5. Control and check the quality of work undertaken and confirm assets are compliant to standards.
6. Check that the staff under your control have the appropriate and valid competencies.
7. Check that vehicles, plant, tools, equipment and materials under your control are fit for use and are used/stored and disposed of correctly.
8. Accurately report all work completed/not completed and produce/maintain records as required.
9. Contribute to your own development and that of others.
10. Adhere to company policies and procedures.
11. Deputise for the Section Manager where required.
12. Coach/mentor junior grades.
Experience, skills, knowledge, competencies and qualifications
1. Experience of arranging and implementing safe systems of work.
2. Experience of organising and controlling the safe and efficient delivery of work.
3. Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team.
4. Able to lead, motivate and direct a team.
5. Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
6. Knowledge and experience of Communications inspection, faulting, maintenance and renewal techniques.
7. Knowledge of relevant standards, procedures and instructions.
8. Hold and retain competencies relevant to this post, required by business need
9. Ideally hold (or be working towards) an NVQ level 2 or 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject or have attained the appropriate level of knowledge gained through equivalent relevant experience.
10. Able and willing to drive vehicles as required by business need.
How to apply (External)
Closing date: 2nd October 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
Click 'apply now' to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information