|Job Type:||Full Time|
The role is required to manage, train, and develop the welfare of your team, by implementing and maintaining the day to day line management, standards and performance criteria for a nominated team of Train Drivers. You will ensure you meet the business objectives and needs, this includes all safety, performance and operating aspects inclusive of all driver assessments programmed or otherwise.
- Effectively monitor and manage the CMS database for your allocated team of drivers, ensuring that all scheduled tasks are undertaken within the scheduled timescales.
- Ensure all Accidents, Incidents and Safety of the line incidents are investigated effectively and within the set timescales. Following the conclusion of investigations, any recommendations that manage the risk and reduce re-occurrences must be initiated.
- Provide effective leadership of the drivers team, working to the highest standards and display the companies Values and Behaviours.
- Undertake regular staff welfare meetings for the allocated team of drivers ensuring these are undertaken when scheduled. During the meeting, the post holder is required to focus on personal and company objectives which will enhance engagement with driver team and the business needs.
The Driver Manager is responsible for ensuring the driving competencies and standards are maintained to a professional and high standard for their team of drivers. There is a responsibility for the Driver Manager to make decisions for the assessment type and any subsequent actions for their allocated team of drivers.
The role requires the Driver Manager to influence the safety and performance outputs to the benefit of the business as well as the depot.
- You are responsible for the management of the health, safety and welfare of all staff including yourself whilst at work, who maybe affected by your acts or omissions within the areas of your responsibility.
- Ensure that proper safe systems of work have been defined and that any person you are responsible for is aware of these systems.
- Provide adequate information, supervisory instruction and safety equipment (including personal protective equipment), to ensure that all work under your control is carried out safely. All staff under your direction/control must be properly trained and competent to undertake the task required of them.
- You are responsible for the safety of all train movements in so far as you and the staff under your control affect them.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the performance of all safety critical staff under your control is monitored in accordance with the Group Standards.
- You are responsible for ensuring that staff under your control are monitored for signs of ‘stress and/or fatigue', in accordance with the Company Procedures.
- You must ensure that all accidents and incidents are reported and investigated in a timely manner and in any case, in accordance with the Company Procedures.
The role requires interface with other functions to ensure good communication links are maintained. Typically regular interface through meetings need to be held with the local Network Rail Team. The Driver Managers' team of Drivers and the LOM's (Network Rail), team of Signallers are intrinsically linked in their respective duties. Therefore, these meetings would normally concern safety communications between drivers and signallers.
Additional responsibilities specific to the Driver Manager, designated or otherwise:
- Attend and represent the depot at the local ‘Right Time Railway' group.
- Undertake Safety Communications assessments with Network Rail.
- When required, attend Health and Safety meetings/inspections every three months.
- Process ad hoc leave applications for drivers.
- Must hold a train driving competence (minimum of 4 years train driving experience).
- The Driver Manager is required to have a good knowledge of:
- Operations Standards Manual
- Safety and Health Manual
- Rules and Regulations
- Drivers Terms and Conditions
- A1 Assessor
- OTMR Downloads
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to analyse reports and information.
- Excellent leadership qualities, being able to motivate and inspire Drivers.
- Be able to coach and support staff so that they meet and exceed the requirements of their role.
- Ability to produce accurate reports to tight timescales.
37 hours per week across early, late and night shift
Shift times will vary due to an on-call commitment.