|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Multi-Area-Partner-Orchestration ‘MAPO’ Partner Development Manager ‘PDM’ is a corporate/HQ Microsoft business development & strategy role purposed with accelerating growth of partners that are managed by Microsoft in multiple regions globally.
This role is senior in nature and will seek bring a more consolidated approach to thse partnerships by aligning our teams to one strategy and enabling consistent execution through our One Commercial Partner pillers of building solutions, Go-To-Market and co-selling.
The MAPO portfolio represents some of Mirosoft’s largest and most innovated partners, the MAPO PDM also will seek to accelerate the business model transformation by engaging partner c-suite stakeholders as a trusted advisor to influence key decisions to drive their success. In this context, the MAPO PDM is leading the development of future global partnerships.
The importance of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial business relationship. The outcome will be to drive long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital transformation.
What is the PDM Role? The PDM role is key to Microsoft's partner management strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner Organization. The PDM is a business development role that aligns to a profile of partners (Services) and is accountable for driving the account development and and management of a set portfolio of partners. The goal is to drive enablement and business growth based on their partners strengths and priorities across a set of geographies.
Create focus and clarity on partnership strategy:
- Engage partner leadership, with PDMs, to define global partnership strategy and orchestrate global teams to ensure consistent business plans across subsidiaries.
Maximize impact of resources aligned to partnership:
- Orchestrate engagement and alignment of global resources invested in developing the partnership (PDMs, PMAs, PTSs) to focus activities (effective) and maximise output (efficient)
Accelerate performance leveraging global capabilities:
- Lead the global community of PDMs by cultivating and sharing best practices, insights and opportunities to effectively manage, evolve and react to the needs of the partner.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge.
- 8+ years of experience in core sales experience, partner channel development, sales, business development, alliance management in the technology industry
- Experience within the One Commercial Partner business preferential.
- Strong experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
- Challanger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
- Bachelor degree desired (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.