|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald continues to grow its ecological consultancy capabilities and our ecology team has a wealth of biodiversity skills and competencies. Our nationwide team of over 70 experienced ecologists have excellent knowledge and practical experience in delivering projects which integrate the importance of biodiversity and potential for enhancement.
We now have a vacancy for a Senior Ecologist to work within our Birmingham team to undertake a range of activities, including overseeing delivery of and undertaking Phase 1 surveys, protected species surveys, mitigation works, licensing, Ecological Clerk of Works and reporting. Our ecologists have experience in surveying and evaluating the range of UK habitats, as well as holding licenses to work with protected species.
You will work within a multi-disciplinary environment team on a range of projects across numerous sectors, both in the region and nationally. You will be part of a dynamic global ecology practice who work collaboratively to deliver ecological support, working together to ensure the development of its members. You will also be part of our Birmingham office community, an increasingly diverse work place that brings together professionals from across disciplines to develop client and people centred solutions to the problems we face, with a focus on integrity and honesty in everything we do.
This role will suit an individual who wants to contribute to the growth of the environment business in Birmingham and help deliver our ecological consultancy and mitigation services in a fast moving, client focused, commercial environment.
You will be office based however there will be a requirement to undertake site surveys and attend client meetings. In addition, there will be a need for general ecological support to projects ranging in size and scope within an environmental team, working closely with other disciplines to ensure ecological as well as wider sustainability objectives for projects are delivered successfully, within budget and to programme.
* Degree in ecology/biology or directly related subject
* Member of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
* Personal conservation licence for at least one protected species and experience of obtaining or working under a variety of protected species licences and liaising with regulatory bodies to negotiate and obtain consents
* Experience in the UK ecological consultancy market with a strong client facing approach
* Strong knowledge of wildlife legislation including planning processes and/or EIA/HRA assessments
* Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of applying relevant guidance for surveys
* Proficiency in report writing skills, displaying high standards with attention to detail and ability to write accurate and concise reports, such as ecological appraisals, survey reports, method statement
* Experience in planning, assisting and delivering baseline or species/habitat specific surveys to fulfil project requirements related to EIA, HRA etc
* Experience in preparation and writing ecological sections of environmental impact assessments ensuring that legislative guidelines are met
* Full, clean driving licence with a willingness and ability to travel and undertake fieldwork in the UK and internationally
* Experience in developing scope of work for environmental studies including EIA, with ESIA and IFC guidelines or similar assessments advantageous