|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our hardworking Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Head of Talent Development
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to the Director of Talent and Culture
Overview of job
We want every Globaller to have the chance to develop their skills and potential and enjoy an exciting career, and this role will be pivotal in making sure this happens.
This is a new position at Global and will be responsible for developing and delivering the Talent Development agenda for the entire organisation, alongside their Talent Development team of 3.
3 best things about the job
- The ability to have a real impact and say, ‘I built that!’
- To work with a variety of partners across all areas of our business
- The scope to have ideas and do things differently
Responsibilities of the role
- Develop a comprehensive and strategic approach to talent management that develops an internal pipeline of talent, progressing and retaining our best talent.
- Develop a strategic approach to apprenticeships that improves the use of our levy fund and provides internal development opportunities across the business.
- Work with department leads to understand and fulfil entry level requirements e.g. graduate programmes, internships and work experience.
- Implement a robust approach to performance management that fairly and consistently evaluates individual performance.
- Use learning technologies and other digital solutions to develop scalable training that can be accessed remotely.
- Work with business partners to identify skills gaps and develop, deliver and evaluate effective learning solutions.
- Develop core management capability.
- Prepare, manage and review the annual development budget to ensure maximum return on investment.
- Build and maintain a robust, expert Talent Development team.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first championing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to build an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we encourage conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global.