|Job Type:||Full Time|
Expedia Group’s Retail finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for overheads. In this role, you will be responsible for providing financial management to support the Marketing and Technology functions. As a customer-focused analyst, you will provide financial planning and analysis insight to enable solid business decision making, provide financial oversight of overhead spend and drive overall shareholder value.
This role will focus on forward looking business and operational planning, financial modelling, and analysis for several Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents, and other senior leaders in the Retail organisation.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the key business partner supporting technology management and other key partners with financial insight, operational support and business analysis
- Develop a shared understanding of business performance drivers and metrics (development, reporting and analysis of metrics and performance drivers)
- Develop and present monthly business update reviews covering financial and non-financial metrics, including performance against stated objectives
- Develop business cases, post-mortem evaluations and identifying process gaps and drive improvements
- Collaborate with members of other functional teams within the company, including Accounting, IT, Product Development, Portfolio Planning and P&L owners to evaluate projects
- Manage the annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes for teams supported
- Forecast and manage capitalisation of labour costs, ensuring compliance with accounting standards
- Manage the forecasting and analysis processes for spend on the Retail Cloud migration project
- Participate in the development of a planning and review process, including defining evaluation and presentation tools, processes and reporting
- Influence decision-making to ensure business partners meet the financial objectives of the Marketing and Technology organisations
- Develop, document and perform financial training for business partners
- Collaborate with business partners to understand the underlying web technologies & products in the portfolio of Expedia Group technologies
- Partner with finance teams throughout Expedia Group to share best practices and streamline processes
Who You Are
- Education: University degree, 2:1 or higher
- Professional qualifications: ACA qualified (big four) / CIMA qualified
- Significant experience in an analytical role with emphasis on financial analysis
- Budgeting, forecasting and expense analysis experience in a tech/ecommerce business
- Advanced level knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle, Business Objects, Tableau, and Hyperion Planning/Essbase.
- Programming skills (SQL) in a financial modelling capacity required
- Experience in a technology, e-commerce and IT/development environment
- Demonstrated experience with Cloud migration projects and labour cost capitalization
- Ability to build and manipulate Kibana dashboards (Cloud Portfolio Analyzer) for monitoring AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud expenses
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with demonstrated ability to work across all levels of management, including brand CFOs and CTOs
- Demonstrated proactive and solutions-oriented approach towards business problems and process improvements with an ability to understand the big picture
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity to ensure business partner reporting is up-to-date and accurate
- Hands-on experience managing projects and processes independently, including leading cross-functional teams to automate and scale processes across orgs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing multinational company environment
- Interest in learning new tools, processes and systems
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where outstanding people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Open Date: 17th September 2020
Closing Date: 15th October 2020
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.