|Job Type:||Full Time|
LocationMilton Keynes, GB
About Network Rail
We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here
Our finance function is key to our success. Our diverse and high-achieving team is responsible for ensuring we secure appropriate funding and get the best possible value for the money we spend, driving forward our continuing mission to transform the UK's rail network into a world-class infrastructure.
We are looking for a BI Systems EPM Business Partner to design, develop and maintain customisations and extensions to supported in-house EPM platforms. You will use professional finance and accounting knowledge to enable our Business Leadership teams to deliver professional insight into their business areas.
Network Rail uses the Oracle EPM suite of systems, an enterprise level set of finance systems, to support its Finance planning and reporting process that delivers Network Rail's regulatory and statutory financial reporting requirements.
The BI Support EPM Business Partner role is expected to ensure the smooth operation of the EPM suite of systems. This role requires a blend of finance and technical expertise. Knowledge of Finance processes, accounting and reporting standards, both generic and applied to Network rail is critical. Technical training on EPM technologies will be provided if required.
About the role (External)
Key accountabilities include:
- Provide technical and subject matter expertise to internal and external customers and stakeholders, improving the accuracy of finance information and reporting enabling accurate and effective business planning and decision making for Network Rail.
- Monitor system issues and identify resolutions with supported applications, in a timely fashion, to minimise the impact of application outage and subsequent delivery of business information.
- Design, develop and deliver in-house applications for national and regional teams to efficiently and effectively deliver high quality insight and decision making in their business areas.
- Review the impact of upgrades and patches on supported applications and associated code, providing technical guidance and viable solutions, to enable smooth transition to BAU for finance teams and the communities they support.
- Design, develop and deliver bespoke in-house training to enable EPM users to deliver high quality insight leading to accurate and effective financial planning and decision making for Network Rail.
- Create supporting documentation for all new and existing tactical tools within the BI Finance Systems and Support team, to provide robust processes in line with Network Rail standards.
- Manage the common code library and develop code to establish best practice and create a centre of excellence for coding within the BI Finance Systems and Support team, relating to the production of in-house applications to support planning processes.
- Manage stakeholder communication with the EPM community, and working groups, to manage the requirements for future tactical enhancements.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Membership (or working towards a membership) of a relevant accounting body (CIMA/ACCA) or equivalent experience.
- Demonstratable substantial knowledge of finance processes and relevant application of accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Proven advanced level knowledge and experience of Financial Planning Processes and Financial reporting standards.
- Proven substantial knowledge and experience of EPM technologies (E.g. Oracle PBCS and Hyperion).
- Exceptional technical, functional and all-round systems experience including advanced knowledge of standard MS office tools (Excel etc).
- Demonstratable knowledge of identifying technical solutions from problem statements.
- Proven experience in developing and delivering technical solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Ability to manage activities with short timescales while still following established change control processes.
- Demonstrated communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Degree, or equivalent, in an Information Management or business-related discipline.
- Knowledge of Oracle eBusiness or similar ERP system.
- Knowledge of OBIEE or similar BI tool.
- Understanding of project lifecycles.
How to apply (External)
Salary: £40,107 - £45,120
Closing date: 30th September 2020. Late applications will not be accepted. Click 'apply now' to apply.
To be considered for this role, candidates are required to live within 90 minutes of The Quadrant Milton Keynes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We accept applications from everyone. Click here for more information.
To learn about the benefits we offer please click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information.